Daily Trust – Media Trust Limited is a media company engaged in Consultancy, Printing, and Publishing. The company believes in efficient, honest, and qualitative service to the customer. Using the latest technology and employing self-motivated workers, the company’s objective is to grow steadily into a world-class, integrated communication company.
Media Trust Limited, publishers of Daily Trust and Trust TV, is one of the leading players in the Nigeria Media Industry which reach millions of people through its Print, TV, and Digital platforms.
Daily Trust is currently recruiting talented, creative, and editorially sound candidates for the role of Account Officer at Daily Trust – Media Trust Limited.
Table of Contents
Account Officer (Tax)
- Tax Management and regulatory compliance of tax reporting/returns.
- Support with the development and implementation of tax strategy.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Should be knowledgeable in tax administration and planning.
- Understand the financial and operational implications of various tax laws and ensure compliance.
- Implement effective tax planning strategies and ensure full compliance with relevant tax laws.
- Liaise with the tax consultants to ensure that the company’s overall interests are protected during tax investigations and FIRS queries.
- Ensure complete documentation of relevant supports and proof of tax remittance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate personnel in relevant tax authorities.
- Timely monitoring and research on relevant taxation trends, legislative changes and relevant economic/fiscal changes.
- Ensure 100% remittance of all tax and statutory obligations.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent with bias for Taxation.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related field of tax administration.
- Professional certification with recognised institute is added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses.
- Role holder or candidate should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to work at odd hours or put in extra hours;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Excellent time management skills.
- A logical thinker who pays attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure to respond to service needs.
- Self-motivated and able to influence and motivate others.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: July 13, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.