StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of Account Officer at Stresert Services Limited.
Table of Contents
Account and Tax Officer
- The accountant’s duties include recording transactions, payments and expenses and processing invoices. He/she is also to send out bills and invoices, follow up on overdue payments, WHT, VAT etc and ensure that the companys invoices and payments match up correctly by cross-checking the original document to the companys record.
- The accountant is to ensure that the company’s finances are accurately recorded.
Duties And Responsibilities
- The main goal of an Account Officer is to manage a company’s financial records, though an organization’s size and specific industry may affect their general duties and responsibilities. Some of their common daily tasks include:
- Creating and processing invoices
- Cross-checking invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy.
- Managing a company’s accounts payable and receivable iv. Sending bills and invoices to clients
- Tracking organization expenses and company budget preparation
- Processing refunds and identify new revenue prospects
- Working with collection agencies on overdue payments
- Communicating with clients regarding billing and payments
- Working with external auditors, external accountants, company’s bankers etc
- Tax Management and regulatory compliance of tax reporting/returns. Support with the development and implementation of tax strategy. Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes. Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
Duties And Responsibilities
The role of Tax Accountant comes with significant responsibility, and this should be articulated in a Tax Accountant job description by listing some of the following duties and tasks:
- Preparing tax statements, financial statements and other statements at required intervals.
- Preparing and returning statements and documents by set deadlines iii. Liaising with the Taxation Office and/or the Company’s tax representative and other regulatory bodies when required
- Preparing business income tax returns and statements for audits
- Assisting in financial planning
- Regularly reviewing systems and making updates and improvements where necessary
- Engaging regularly with clients and maintaining strong relationships viii. Identifying areas where the company and businesses can reduce tax, make claims and increase profit
- Possessing strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- Understanding the financial landscape and market trends
Qualifications and Requirements:
This role requires a high degree of accuracy and training in the practical, administrative and legal elements of tax. As such, the Account and Tax Officer’s job description should ask for a degree in one of the following fields:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Certified Financial Analyst
- Certified Chartered Accountant
- Certified with the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN)
- Financial Management experience
- Adept computer skills and proficiency using programs like QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel and other accounting/tax software programs vii. Advanced math skills to keep accurate records and supervise the bookkeeping of an organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact regularly with clients regarding sensitive topics like billing and payments.
- Excellent organization skills for maintaining clear, accurate and meticulous financial records for a company.
- Attention to detail for ensuring the accuracy of a company’s records and invoices.
- Multitasking in order to handle multiple accounts successfully, invoices and payments at various stages of execution.
- Excellent efficiency for handling any accounting and tax issues quickly with minimal interference. ETC.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.