Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of accountant at Nokia Nigeria.
The team you’ll be part of:
- This position supports the Regional Accounting activities for Nigeria within the South, Central East and Western Africa Sub-Region and the offices are located in Lagos CBC Towers, Nigeria. You will be reporting to your line manager who is situated in South Africa
- CFO is a diverse team at the frontline, delivering finance and business services, investor relations, and more across the world. Are you passionate about digital transformation, value openness and want to influence the direction of Nokia? Then, you may be the right fit!
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will contribute to the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of services related local compliance. Your main responsibility is to perform accounting, tax & statutory compliance activities with high quality according to local regulations and Nokia policies:
- Attending to accounting and statutory audits functions.
- Supporting governance for regional accounting standards and requirements, indirect taxes and corporate income taxes.
- Contribute to technical quality and support of accounting function in the region
- Business support regarding accounting processes and guidelines
- Processing of accounting activities and other related tasks for the legal entity
- Attending to Compliance of tax related activities
- Supporting statutory and tax audits
- Prepare and coordinate Statutory posting and statutory financials
- Partner for questions and issues arising from projects or daily business concerning accounting
- Identification and reporting of risks and supporting to mitigate risks
- Contribute, proposing and support process improvement to increase process consistency, quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensures visibility of the service organization’s performance.
- Supporting Regional Accounting Internal Controls in the entity and support other controls according to control catalogue.
- Support the Country Finance Director of the entity who is also the Finance and Accounting manager of the entity and part of the Country Management Team
- Responsibility for compliance of indirect taxation, WHT and corporate income tax processes for the Country
- Responsible to support local requirements relating to Source to Pay activities
- The role is an integral part of the Regional Accounting Team. Working with the Regional Accounting Team, various company departments, including Local Management, Tax Authorities, Auditors and Service providers would form part of your environment
- A flexible approach to work, especially when communicating with other Nokia groups, is essential, as is the ability to thrive under pressure and prioritize tasks.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree in Business Administration with focus on Financial Accounting
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in Finance and Accounting
- Good SAP skills, as well as sound MS Excel skills
It would be nice if you also had:
- Able to work under pressure
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Hands on mentality
- Good team working skills
- Methodological and problem-solving competencies.
- Business competence (financial, technical, internal controlling) and intercultural competence
- English fluent
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.