DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies. Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries-delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Accounts Payable Officer at DAI
The Accounts Payable Officer reports to the Senior Accountant, General Ledger & Accounts Receivable. H/she is responsible for the recording, verifying, processing and payment of vendor invoices accurately and promptly. In addition, h/she provides financial, administrative and clerical support to the Account and Financial unit.
In addition, the responsibility includes;
- Disbursement, maintaining, monitoring of petty cash and float for petty expenses.
- Preparation of payment vouchers.
- Reconciliation of creditors and debtors accounts on QuickBooks (accounting software), as well as the posting
- of supplier and consultant invoices on QuickBooks.
- Managing supplier and consultant invoice records on SharePoint.
- Preparation of payment schedules and upload on banking portal.
- Responsible for posting petty cash vouchers, retirement vouchers & refund vouchers into QuickBooks.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor&s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any finance related field.
- Interested candidates should have between 2 – 4 years of working experience as an Account Officer/Assistant role
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software (such as Sage, FreshBooks, QuickBooks) is compulsory.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines, determine priorities, organize work to meet objectives, and identify and deal with problems.
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external parties and internal colleague
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Accounts Payable Officer at DAI” should send their CV to [email protected] by the 23 rd of September 2021. DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage. (Tip: Learn how to write a Professional CV)
More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com