UNOCHA’s mission is to: Mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Admin Officer at UNOCHA
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Head, Administration and Finance the Administrative Analyst is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of, finance, general administration, human resources, procurement, logistical and common services support to OCHA/Nigeria offices and operations consistent with UN rules and regulations, the Administrative and Finance Analyst leads and provides guidance to OCHA sub Offices administrative staff, fostering effective collaboration within the teams, with relevant OCHA and UNDP counterparts at headquarters and in the field, and with other UN agencies, promoting a client-oriented approach and ensuring optimal performance and efficient delivery of services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Management of OCHA Nigeria Administrative Operations (General Administration).
- Management of OCHA Nigeria Budget and Finance
- Management of Human Resources, Procurement and Asset
Management of OCHA Administrative Operations (General Administration) with the following results:
- Oversees work related to procurement, billing and receipt of income from various services, operational travel programme, procurement monitoring and evaluation of vendor contracts/payment to vendors and individual contractors for services.
- Reviews adequacy of departmental space requirements.
- Oversees the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, coordinating enhancements as necessary.
- Performs other related work as required
Management of OCHA Budget and Finance with the following results:
- Takes the lead with respect to the preparation and implementation of the work programme, ensuring that financial resources are utilized to implement activities in accordance with the Programme Budget and allotments issued.
- Monitors and reviews the work programme and budget by conducting regular and special reviews to assess progress of actual work versus the programme plan.
- Coordinates the production of programme reports.
- Defines requirements and work with systems units with respect to improving budget reporting systems and cost effective utilization of program resources.
- Develops procedures and implement same to ensure that accounting and financial management controls are consistent with UN policy and practice.
- Supervises and/or provides guidance on financial administration and management information issues and practices to colleagues.
- Provides guidance and leadership to more junior staff.
Management of Human Resources Procurement and Access with the following results:
- Effectively coordinates actions relative to the administration of human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
- Defines conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations. Required goods and services secured in a timely manner, within budget and in full compliance with established UNDP rules, regulations and procedures for procurement.
- Procurement actions taken in accordance with the principles of good planning and overall strategic objectives established by OCHA management, using best practices in sourcing, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and the use of performance measurement benchmarks.
- Sound judgment, knowledge and guidance are applied to tender processes and evaluation of bids, in the negotiation of agreements, and in contract management.
- Assets are managed in accordance with OCHA/UNDP rules and regulations through the implementation and management of an appropriate inventory management system, recording acquisitions and disposals for all Sub Offices
- Recommendations and guidance provided in the estimation of office equipment and supplies requirements for budgetary and procurement planning purposes.
- Supervise the Procurement, Administration and Finance associate staff and drivers
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
- Staff within work unit;
- Human resource, administrative, accounting staff in missions and Headquarters
- Counterparts in other UN agencies.
- Staff in the Department of Management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- G-Bachelor’s Level Degree – 7 year(s) experience, I-Master’s Level Degree – 5 year(s) experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in business/public administration at a senior level, providing management and financial advisory services, managing staff and operational systems and establishing partnerships, ideally including experience with the UN or other international organizations.
- Good knowledge on Administration/Operations is required. Experience working with the UN or other international organizations is desirable.
- Experience in using UN ERP system (Umoja) in the area of travel and procurement is highly desirable.
- Computer proficiency, including working knowledge of e-mail and MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations.
- Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis.
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Admin Officer at UNOCHA” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: May 9, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.