African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries.
The AfDB is a financial provider to African governments and private companies investing in the regional member countries (RMC). While it was originally headquartered in Abidjan, CÃ´te d’Ivoire, the Bank’s headquarters moved to Tunis, Tunisia, during the civil war in CÃ´te d’Ivoire.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of administrative assistant at African Development Bank – AfDB.
Table of Contents
- The Chief Economist/Vice-President for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP) is the Bank’s spokesperson on economic matters and the VP for the ‘Economics Governance and Knowledge Management Complex’.
- The Complex is responsible for:
- Providing leadership and visibility for the Bank on economic, finance, financial governance and socio economic development issues; and coordinate the generation of analytical works to inform operational policy;
- Systematically emphasize the critical role of knowledge, experience, lessons learnt and their tangible impact on sustainable, inclusive transformation of African economies.
The Hiring Department
The African Development Institute (ECAD) coordinates and executes Capacity Development (CD) programs in the regional member countries (RMCs) by:
- Providing advisory services on capacity building;
- Identifying and designing tailored capacity development programmes and implementing the programmes; and
- Leveraging partnerships and coordinating knowledge dissemination and outreach, with a view to improving policy-making, economic governance and sustainable development in the Regional Member Countries.
Under the Supervision of the OIC Director, the Administrative Assistant (STS) will perform the following:
- Support the convening of the global community of practice seminars
- Assist in the proof reading and editing of knowledge products
- Receive and register all incoming and outgoing documents of the Department/ Division;
- Ensure that documents presented for Director’s signature are complete, with necessary attachments and background documents;
- Provide background information to the Director / Manager for appointments with official visitors and/or staff members;
- Relay information between Director, Division Managers and other staff members of the department;
- Follow up on work deadlines with Division Managers;
- Schedule weekly team and ad hoc meetings for the Director, according to schedules and Director’s Agenda for the week;
- Maintain a filing system in both hard and soft copies to meet the needs of the Department;
- Keep a weekly calendar of activities that shows all meetings to be attended by the Director as well as by other staff members. It also includes all external visits to the Department;
- Make travel arrangements for the Director including tickets, hotel reservation, etc.;
- Assist in preparation of presentations using PowerPoint and other software packages on own initiative or on the basis of instructions;
- Perform other office administration tasks (photocopies, emails) when the need arises;
- Administrative assistance
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hold a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Accounting, Law, Political Sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience at a similar position.
- Experience in professional editing, drafting legal or policy documents, etc.
- Good knowledge of administration and office support services, including systems and procedures;.
- Good coordination skills – methodical and self-organized;
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service focused reception and administration service;
- Proficiency /good written and oral skills in English and/or French languages.
- Good interpersonal, planning and organizational skills;
- Flexibility to adapt, positive attitude towards change, and a constructive and creative approach to problem solving;
- Proficiency in the use of standard equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopies, etc.);
- Problem Solving;
- Client Orientation;
- Team working;
- Operational Effectiveness;
- Innovation and Creativity;
- Attention to detail;
- Good analytical skills.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
- The President plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Divisions, including Office of the President; the Independent Development Evaluation Department; the Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; the Compliance Review and Mediation Department; the Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; the Administrative Tribunal; the Office of the Auditor General; the Group Risk Management Function Directorate; the General Counsel and Legal Services Department; the Communication and External Relations Department; the Ethics Office, and the Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department
- The role of the Office of the Secretary General and General Secretariat (PSEG) is to facilitate the delivery of the objectives of the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy, the High 5s, and the Development and Business Delivery Model by enhancing the decision-making process of the governance organs and forging better working relationships with the shareholders and host countries of the Bank. PSEG comprises:
- The Front Office of the Secretary General (PSEG.0) which has the additional responsibility of managing the Records Management and Archives Section and a Conferences and Meetings Section (DAI);
- A Board Affairs and Proceedings Division (PSEG.1); and
- A Protocol, Immunities and Privileges Division (PSEG.2)
The Conference and Meetings Section oversees the planning and organizing of various meetings and events, including:
- Sessions of the Boards of Governors and its subsidiary bodies (Annual Meetings of the Bank Group, including meetings of the Governor’s Advisory Committee (GAC), the Bureau, the Joint Steering Committee (JSC), the Office of the Boards of Governors (OBG), the Committee on Conditions of Service of Elected Staff and the Steering Committee for the Election of the President).
- Consultative meetings of the plenipotentiaries on ADF replenishments and mid-term reviews; the Boards of Directors and their Committees (CODE, AMBD, CAHR, ECAM, AUFI, ANRE, Plenary Committee of the Budget, and Ethics Committee).
- Meetings organized in partnership with other institutions, at the Bank or outside the Bank. Example: joint AfDB/WB/IMF or AfDB/ECA/AU meetings.
- International meetings whose agenda deals with issues related to the Bank’s mission.
Under the Supervision of the Coordinator Conferences & Meetings, the Conference Technician will perform the following:
- Work in close collaboration with the other members of the conferences and meetings team.
- Participate in the installation and / or monitor the operation of all conference infrastructure installed in meeting rooms and for events organized within the Bank and outside.
- Provide technical coverage during the organization of formal and informal meetings of the Boards of Directors, meetings of the annual assemblies of the Bank and any other official meeting of the Bank.
- Ensure, if necessary, in close collaboration with TCIS technicians, particularly regarding communication tools, in particular ZOOM and TEAMS, of the audio and videoconference connection, in all the Bank’s meeting rooms with the offices outside, the meeting rooms of the head office.
- Make the daily technical implementation and the technical coverage of the meeting rooms before, during and after each meeting session.
- Ensure the proper functioning of conference infrastructure equipment daily for the duration of the meeting to remedy any defect or possible breakdown of the equipment.
- Manage and ensure the recordings of all the deliberations of the Boards and all other official meetings of the Bank. Then classify, archive, and track the movements of the audio recordings of the sessions.
- Provide technical assistance to the various departments of the Bank within the framework of events organized by the Bank or in partnership with other institutions within and outside the Bank.
- Maintain and manage the fleet of technical equipment of the Bank’s meeting and conference rooms in a clean and precise inventory file to be submitted periodically to the line manager.
- Accomplish any mission entrusted to him by the person in charge of the conference section.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s / Licence Degree in Computer Engineering, Electronics, or in a related discipline such as Audiovisual. Additional training in Technology, Conference and Meeting Infrastructure would be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the field of information technology as well as a good command of communication tools such as ZOOM and TEAMS
- Ability to provide technical assistance to users.
- Knowledge of tools such as VMix, SDI or equivalent will be a plus.
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
- Experience in ensuring technological watch in terms of technology and infrastructure for conferences and meetings: Bosch Dicentis, Polycom, Corio Matrix, etc.
- Client orientation, detailed-oriented, result-oriented, rigorous, accountability
- Ability to work under pressure and in timely manner.
- Ability to communicate and write in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of the Bank’s standard software (MS Office package).
- Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: October 10, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.