United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) – Formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN organization. The UNFPA says it “is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted.
The UNFPA supports programs in more than 150 countries and areas spread across four geographic regions: Arab States and Europe, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa. Around three-quarters of the staff work in the field. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group and part of its executive committee
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Administrative Assistant at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- The incumbent performs administrative and secretarial support to the Program Officers in close collaboration with the Head of office.
- The incumbent also provides organizational functions of the office in terms of providing effective communications support to the office; ensure facilitation of knowledge building and management and logistical support,
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
- Receiving Visitors into the office/answering/attending to all enquiries in respect of the Lagos Sub-office.
- Receives incoming mails, sort them and distribute the mails to appropriate officers for necessary action.
- Prepares and processes out-going mails for pick-up by Courier Service, tracks movement of mails and monitors delivery at various destinations.
- Review incoming correspondence, collect and prepare necessary information for the Head of Office’s reply/action; take dictations and types correspondence, document and reports ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format are correct; and draft and finalize responses to routine matters.
- Make photocopies, files documents of the Sub-office and retrieves them for action by appropriate staff.
- Source for quotations and undertake minor purchases.
- Participates in the identification and formulation of country programme and projects, by compiling and analysing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance to the Government, drafts project documents and prepares tables and statistical data.
- Supports the evaluation of project and programme activities, establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, conducting field visits, participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports. Facilitates analysis of factors affecting the achievement of results, recommends corrective actions and follow up on recommendations.
- Ensure proper documentation and processing of approved Implementing Partners’ Annual Work Plan and quarterly FACE Forms, to relevant Officers for necessary action as well as undertake related ATLAS functions.
- In coordination with the Country Office, supports routine implementation of assigned projects, coordination the delivery of project inputs, ensuring participation of States counterparts in training activities and study tours.
- Supports the advocacy and resource mobilization initiatives of the sub-office by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events.
- Organizes advocacy events and serves as the public relations and media focal point for the sub-office.
- Managing and maintenance of office assets, equipment and vehicles
- Undertake any other assignments as may be required by the Head of Lagos Liaison Office.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Secretarial Administration, Public Administration or in a related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Have minimum of 5 years’ experience in the public and private sector.
- Be Fluent in oral and written English.
- Have working knowledge in computing skills in all software packages, is essential.
- Have Knowledge of office administration.
- Have ability to maintain high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Have previous experience in similar positions in a development organization.
- Virtual meeting platforms experience
- Fluency in English required. Strong capability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written English will be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact
- Advocacy / advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Delivering results based programmes
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Facilitating quality programme results
- Communicating for impact
UNFPA Work Environment:
- UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Administrative Assistant at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
- This position is a project funded post that will be for a maximum of 5 years based on availability of funds
- Please note that this vacancy is for Nigerian Nationals only
Deadline: July 24, 2020
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.