US Embassy – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for a job opportunity at the US Embassy.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Abuja
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The incumbent is responsible for the management, planning, programming, administration, and execution of the Office of Security Cooperation’s (OSC’s) military training portfolio with the Armed Forces of Nigeria, which includes the International Military Education and Training (IMET) program, the Expanded IMET (E-IMET) program, the Combatting Terrorism Fellowship Program (CTFP), Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program, and the Aviation Leadership Program (ALP). Combined budgets of IMET, E-IMET, CTFP, and ALP approaches over $3M annually, while Foreign Military Financing (FMF) training programs are approximately $22M in value. Position is directly supervised by the OSC Chief.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree or equivalent specifically in Training Management, Human Resources, Management, Public Administration or Business Administration is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years administrative, financial and management related skills is required. An additional minimum of (2) years experience in project planning, execution, and management is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective, diplomatic relationships with high-ranking Nigerian military officials and the U.S., and work with international military and governmental students of different ranks and educational backgrounds.
- In addition, the ability to organize, plan, write reports, and work independently is required.
- Thorough knowledge of both host country and U.S. military technical regulations and procedures pertaining to the implementation of IMET, E-IMET, FMS, CTFP, and ALP training programs is required. Good working knowledge of military forces, organization, and structure. Must have a good knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- This may be tested. Applicant MUST address ALL Language proficiency requirements to be considered.
- Fluent speaking/writing/reading of English is required. Fluent in one of the primary native languages of Nigeria: Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date and the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
N10,908,677 – N10,908,677 (USD48,667 – USD48,667) Annually.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Lagos may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below
Deadline: June 3, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.