World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members.
We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, mobilizing capital in international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of Administrative Assistant at the World Bank Group
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Abuja
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant would carry out the following functions:
A) Administrative Tasks: –
- Proactively prepare office and expatriate staff tax exemption requests and ensure follow-up with different Government offices.
- Helps new staff relocated to the country obtain all the mandatory documents to stay in the country legally.
- Focal point person on all Consular, Privileges and Immunities matters for IBRD in Nigeria.
- Protocol services and liaison with key Government agencies and departments, the UN as well as Embassies.
- Provide logistics support and assist in managing and handling VIP visits.
- Processing of Import/Export Exemption certificates for the Country Office and Staff members relocating to the Nigeria Office (IRS), from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Department of Customs and Excise on behalf of the World Bank.
- Monitoring and reporting on shipments meant for the Country office from point of departure to arrival.
- Liaison with designated clearing agents to ensure early clearance of Bank vehicles. equipment, machinery, furniture and other assets for the Country Office.
- Close liaison with Immigration on shipping matters as and when necessary.
- Any other administrative or protocol-related duties as may be assigned by the Country Office
C) Protocol assistance: –
- Provide meet-greet-and-assist service to VP-level staff and above, including meeting them at the airport, and making sure they are processed smoothly through Immigration and Customs during arrival and departure.
- Focal point person in coordinating World Bank requests for airport passes, as needed from time to time.
- Processing work permits and renewal for the staff and their families assigned to Nigeria.
- Provision of guidance to new IRS members relocating to Nigeria (during the pre-assignment visit and final relocation)
- Processing of entry visa and or Visa on Arrival for both staff members and consultants visiting Nigeria for official duties
- Liaising with Ministry of Foreign Affairs personnel to provide Immigration clearance for arriving staff members at all the international airports in Nigeria
- Liaising with all Bank’s registered shipping agents in the transportation of all shipments from the ports to the desired destinations and vice versa
- Focal point person on all Consular, Privileges and Immunities matters for IBRD in Nigeria
- Provides logistics support and assists in managing and handling VIP visits at the airport.
- Preparation of all Note Verbales for the following:
D) Supporting World Bank IRS staff:
- Notifying the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about IRS arrival joining the country office and departure after completion of their assignment
- Nigeria Revenue Authority PIN card application to enable their agents to clear their vehicle registration and other import documentation.
- Facilitation IRS staff in getting local Drivers License
- Helping IRS staff with the registration of their motor vehicles and disposal after completion of their assignment
- Registration of World Bank Vehicles with Registrar of Motor Vehicles
- Making sure Official vehicles are insured at the port of entry and renewals Process insurance. Also advising IRS on insurance contacts.
- Process diplomatic notes (Note Verbale) to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Processing of shipments’ duty waiver applications for the CO and IRS members
- Reception and transmittal of all correspondences to and from different Ministries, Commissions, the Presidency, and others
- The processing of other applications such as resident permits, DID cards, Diplomatic driver’s licenses, Diplomatic number plates, NIN, Schedule B applications for the sale of cars of IRS members and others
D) Tax Exemption
- Process VAT exceptions for the Bank and IRS staff and follow up with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and NRA.
- Process customs documents to facilitate the clearance of shipments and motor vehicles for both WBG and IRS staff
- Coordinate with clearing and forwarding agents and make sure that the Bank equipment and IRS staff personal effects are cleared smoothly.
- The processing of all Customs Clearance applications such as CC1, CC2 and CC3:
- Duty waivers for staff members’ personal effects
- All the World Banks’ official shipments
- All cars imported by the Bank and IRS members
- All beverages for CC2 applications
- Liaising with the Customs’ hierarchy on issues affecting the Bank
- Response to memos from the Customs Service
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- University Degree / its equivalent with at least 3 years of directly relevant experience.
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
- Experience working with the Nigerian government departments on protocol, immigration and shipping matters for international organizations is an added advantage.
Core Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has the ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has the ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within the agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, and understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and be receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change
- Client Orientation (ACS) – Exhibit good communication skills, and a positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand client’s needs and complete them professionally.
- Learning, knowledge sharing and communication (ACS) – Good English language skills (verbal and written) Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
- Business judgment and analytical decision making (ACS) – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
- Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Disposal of Bank Assets
- Lead the Bank team in disposing of Bank assets in Nigeria.
- Assists RMO with the disposal of surplus and obsolete assets and coordinates with auctioneers in cases of asset disposal via auction.
Backing up Admin assistant in tasks, including, but not limited to
- Management of diesel supply for the CO, ER and CDR
- Creation of POs for payments of Admin vendors only
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.