The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is a United Nations (UN) body established in December 1991 by the General Assembly to strengthen the international response to complex emergencies and natural disasters.
OCHA brings together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. It mobilizes aid, shares information, supports humanitarian efforts, and advocates for crisis-affected communities.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of administrative officer at OCHA.
Table of Contents
The Administrative Officer position will manage administrative activities in the Kebbi Field Office. The Administrative Officer will see to the daily business operations of the office. He/She will be expected to coordinate closely with the Facilities Specialist.
- Manage the Kebbi Field Office administration processes.
- Initiate procurement requisitions and process payment requests on TAMIS.
- Prepare Main Office monthly budgets and initiate on TAMIS.
- Ensure that assets are tagged immediately when they are purchased and inform the Facilities Specialist to update the inventory on TAMIS.
- Manage the motor pool and review Drivers’ logbooks weekly.
- Work with Drivers to ensure that vehicle particulars are renewed before the expiring date.
- Coordinate the inspection and receipt of goods. Ensure that project staff needs for office equipment, supplies, and furniture are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure that office appliances and equipment are in good working condition and promptly report required repairs to the Facilities Specialist.
- Ensure that appliances such as air conditioners are serviced as of the due date.
- Develop and maintain an efficient up-to-date stock of items in the store. Plan for stock replenishment in a timely manner so no outage is experienced. Otherwise, report the imminent stock outage to the Facilities Specialist.
- Other duties of a reasonable nature as assigned by the supervisor or designee.
The Administrative Officer will report to the Finance and Administrative Specialist Akwa-Ibom.
The Administrative Officer will supervise the Driver/Logistics Assistant in the Kebbi Field Office.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or other relevant field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Six (6)years of experience in administration and logistics or related operations roles.
- Previous experience working on US government-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, procedures, and FAR regulations is preferred.
- Strong communications and personnel management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English language, verbal and written, is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to both train and be trained.
- Highly organized and with the ability to multi-task and prioritize as and when needed without sacrificing the quality of work performed.
- Knowledge of budgeting and procuring goods and services.
- Good analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Accuracy with managing and organizing large amounts of data.
- Experience in basic security and operations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, is highly preferred.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Note: Applications from women, people with disabilities, and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: September 30, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.