UNDP is the development arm of the United Nations. Present in 170 countries with over 17,000 people, UNDP works on the world’s biggest problems: extreme poverty, climate change, good governance, renewable energy, crisis prevention, and women’s empowerment, among others.
UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
Applications are currently accepted from interested candidates to apply for the role of an administrative officer at UNDP – United Nations Development Programme.
Table of Contents
Administrative & Finance Associate - UNOCHA
Under the direct supervision of the Administration and Finance Officer (NOC) in Abuja and HoSO in Damaturu, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
Coordinate logistics activities for the Office
- Ensure that vehicles are in working condition at all times: Regular servicing and maintenance etc.
- Coordinate and monitor vehicle movement.
- Oversee TOTAL card retirement and replenishment (in collaboration with OCHA Abuja & Damaturu Office) by ensuring that all processes are carried out in a timely fashion.
- Assist staff members by liaising with OCHA Admin staff in Abuja & Damaturu for UNHAS bookings etc and ensure that tickets are received on time.
- Ensure that all missions to all locations with high – security level are cleared by the necessary authorities.
- Monitor the vehicle logbooks and ensure that all movement is duly captured and signed for by all passengers.
- Assist staff with forwarding their travel expense claims to the travel focal points and follow up where necessary.
Provision of clerical / administrative support
- Assist with hotel reservations for staff on mission, new colleagues deployed to Abuja and Damaturu etc.
- Support colleagues in coordinating meetings and other official events.
- Assist with filing and photocopying documents when necessary.
- And all other clerical / administrative duties that may be required.
Office Support and Maintenance
- General office maintenance: supervise cleaners to ensure that OCHA’s is always in order, etc.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
Cash Recovery and Management for the Armored Vehicles
- Prepares and dispatches invoices to clients upon request for the use of the AVs.
- Ensures that payment for each transaction is received and accounted for and a receipt is issued accordingly.
- Create a tracking system for payment.
- Give monthly accounts of usage and income.
Managing Documents, Correspondence and Reports
- Create a filing system according to UN standards.
- Ensure that all official documents (incoming/ outgoing mail, reports etc) are filed according to its category.
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using word processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction.
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language.
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards.
- Ability to enter data accurately.
- Assist with drafting correspondence and make input to documents when required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to general administration support. Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints. Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations. Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation etc. Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service. Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships. Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines. Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs. Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in administration is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is desirable.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: February 22, 2024
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.