Emerson Automation Solutions based in our office on Victoria Island in Lagos, we have a new vacancy for an Assistant Finance Manager to support our Nigerian business. You will be an integral part of the Finance team for the country and also the Middle East & Africa region. This is a great career opportunity for a bright, energetic and ambitious Finance professional to join a global organization.
Table of Contents
Assistant Finance Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Lagos State
- Your role will be to manage and control the financial reporting for Emerson Automation Solutions in Nigeria – both Statutory and Management accounts. You will oversee the production of monthly and annual accounts, manage payroll, creating & supporting journal entries where required. You will also provide financial planning and analysis support to the Country Management Team and Middle East & Africa leadership team based in Dubai.
- Managing the financial statements and ensure compliance with Company and Country processes, rules and regulations
- Ensuring the Corporations Ethic’s policy is followed for all financial transactions in Nigeria
- Reporting financial statements to all statutory bodies, accurately and in a timely manner
- Managing the complete and timely daily inputs to the transactional processing group, via dataserve system
- Filing WHT returns monthly and Income tax returns annually, accurately and in a timely manner
- Reporting financial statements using Emerson reporting tools, accurately, completely and in a timely manner
- Providing detailed financial analysis, comparing actuals to business expectations by division and for Nigeria and reporting any material variances
- Preparation of month end accounts pack and sales reporting models and to the MEA HQ in a timely and accurate manner, with emphasis on ensuring that all reported information is supported by a good level of analysis
- Analysis of the Nigeria business by division, with greater emphasis on detailing underlying trends and drivers of the divisions and providing support and information with these in mind. In total to add value to the decision making of the organisation/managers i.e. in driving up profitability
- To provide support and information around times of budgeting, forecasting, mid year reviews and the year end accounting processes as required
- Building and maintaining good relationships with all key business managers and ensuring where possible to make a financial presence available, thus ensuring decision support in key decisions
- Developing (together with peers) financial reporting tools that will support and work alongside the current tools, whilst adding value and professional presence
- Ensuring completion of Annual KPMG audit with nil non compliance comments
- Other ad hoc duties as required to fulfil the roles of the finance function as and when required
- Recognize and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in Emerson’s Company Policy and Procedures
Qualifications & Experience:
- To be considered for this role you will be a self-motivated, qualified and experience Finance professional with a background in a large multi-national organization.
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree and CPA or equivalent professional qualification, and a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in Finance.
- You will be an advanced MS Excel and ERP system user (preferably Oracle and/or JD Edwards), and have strong data management skills.
- Due to the location of our office, you will ideally live in close to or on Victoria Island.
Deadline: Not Specified