The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Business Development at British Council
Pay Band: 7
Contract Type: Indefinite Contract
Interviews: Week commencing 13th December
- The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver the 2-year market led, integrated cross portfolio Business Development & Sales strategy aligned with Global/Regional Exams strategy. The post holder will work with other British Council colleagues to leverage opportunities and create value.
- This role is ultimately responsible for building and managing demand, ensuring capacity fill, delivering income/surplus targets, ensuring excellent B2B Customer Service and overseeing quality of B2C customer experience.
Main Opportunities / Challenges for this Role
- Operating and embedding the business development and account management function under the global exams Sales, Marketing and Operations Planning model (SMOP) across a large country, developing new ways of working across the function, coaching and developing large teams.
- Adding value to key accounts in a competitive environment.
- Motivating and driving team performance. Upholding customer service culture.
- Working in a complex and challenging setting through a high period of change delivering on stretching surplus, income and volume targets across all exams products.
- Adapting processes and delivering business results during recovery period due to Covid global pandemic.
- Working within statutory and compliance standards.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Relevant work experience in a Business Development Manager role
- Significant experience of managing a large team and managing staff performance
- Demonstrable experience of sustaining and/or growing a product/service in line with strategic priorities for income and impact
- Significant experience collecting and analysing client/stakeholder feedback and using the data to identify business needs and obstacles; works to resolve them
- Takes a pro-active approach to identifying ways in which service can be improved, and takes these forward
- Demonstrated analytical ability and commercial acumen
- University Degree in any subject or qualification in a relevant field
- Business development experience in the English & Exams sector
- Experience working in exams.
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
N13,410,959 per annum
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Business Development at British Council” should click the APPLY HERE button below.