BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers.
These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Career Opportunities at BIC Nigeria
- Responsible for the growth of Lucky pens business in the area of Uyo and recruiting new customers and enhancing customer engagement of existing clients.
- Generate sales and ensure products delivery in the assigned Areas
- Regularly review with the Customers their performance in line with agreed target.
- Develop Areas Business Plan for the region and the Customer Business plan for each customer in the Areas.
- Develop New Sales opportunities within designated Areas.
- Proper liaison between customers with the relevant stakeholders (sales, finance, supply chain, and factory) in order to guarantee growth and customer satisfaction.
- Manage the relevant documentation for delivery to customers.
- Achieve sales targets
- Number of new customers
- Frequency of orders
- Service level (speed of delivery).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- HND or BSc in any discipline
- 2 years relevant experience in sales and business development functions
- Perfect knowledge of Microsoft operating system especially Power-Point & Excel
- Proficient in the use of English language
- Valid driving license.
- Monitor and track implementation of HSE & QA policies and procedures in all the plant operations
- Prepare monthly operating reports aligned to the defined KPI’s and track against budget
- Develop strategies to enhance safety awareness across all operations in the plant
- Track and monitor scrap generation in all production operations and propose strategies to minimize in line with the set KPI’s
- Map headcount to optimize HSE & QA operations cost-effectively
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety regulations
- In liaison with procurement ensure all our suppliers meet quality assurance standards in the supply of all plant inventory requirements
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance needs are fully met
- Practice conflict resolution among section and employees
- Ensure all legal requirements company safety procedures and regulations are met
- Conduct coaching and feedback sessions for HSE & QA supervisors and line inspectors
Qualification and Requirement:
- Relevant education with 2-3 years of experience in a factory/manufacturing environment is required.
- HSE certifications would be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal health and safety regulations
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Strong management skills with the ability to supervise multiple teams
- Strict adherence to company standards and safety procedures
- Experience working in BIC Factory is an added advantage.
Continuous Improvement Manager
- As continuous improvement manager, you will analyze current practices and develop business process improvements as well as implement changes in workflows, structures, and teams to ensure continuous company performance.
Your main responsibilities will be the following:
- Leads the manufacturing excellence & continuous improvement project in alignment with plant goals.
- Promote & develop the change culture.
- Assess different plants, identify the gap of improvement & build an action plan.
- Cost reduction identification, prioritization and monitoring at plant level.
- Leading projects like time and motion study, 5S, SMED & KPI management
- Conduct workshop & train people to use the lean tools.
- Benchmarking best practices of our other plants and your background to replicate and adapt for us.
- Ensuring efficient use of operational excellence communication platforms, continuous improvement meetings, and external sources to build knowledge and cultural change within the plant.
Qualification and Requirement:
- B.E. / B.Tech. – Engineering in any discipline or master’s degree in engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Production, Quality, Projects and at least 3-4 years of experience in Manufacturing Excellence.
- Five years’ experience in process optimization and operations
- Lean manufacturing training/LSSGB/LSSBB is a big bonus.
- Experience with Integration Architecture and integrating solutions with ERP systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (preferred)
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies
- A sharp eye for identifying weak points in processes and organizational structures.
- A strategic and analytical mindset.
- An excellent communicator with top-notch presentation skills.
- A thorough understanding of the latest process enhancement strategies.
- Dynamic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Confidence in your abilities to lead organizational change.
Sales and Operations Planning (S & OP) Manager
- As Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Manager, you will work closely with our Manufacturing Director, contributing to the success of our Group Supply Chain Manufacturing team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Align with key stakeholders in Sales, Operations and Finance on supply-demand and planning.
- Work daily with the central supply chain and develop strong relationships with key production teams across the production facilities.
- Responsible for the strategic management of demand planning activities within the scope of Sales & Operations
- Prepare and manage monthly forecasts in alignment and agreement with key S&OP stakeholders
- Monitor and manage the performance of the supply chain throughout each month and provide regular input to sales and management
- Manage Monthly S&OP meetings with key stakeholders to plan seasonality and overall performance of supply Vs. demand
- Be part of and work closely with Central Supply Chain observing clearly defined planning metrics
- Manage and control inventory in all locations including warehouses, network locations and consignment locations
- Analyse and provide solutions for slow-moving, excess or obsolete stock
Qualification and Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science in any Social discipline
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in large manufacturing companies, preferably within FMCG, in-demand planning roles
- Solid experience and deep understanding of Supply Chain models
- Fluent English
- Advance knowledge of Excel.
Explore More Opportunities
- ExxonMobil Graduate Internship Programme 2022
- Shell Petroleum Development Company is Recruiting
- Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO) Latest Job Openings
- Fresh Jobs at IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- U.S. Consulate General
- Coca-Cola Company Latest Job Vacancy
- Job Vacancy at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- ECOWAS Latest Job Recruitment
- Job Openings at the African Union (AU)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is Hiring
- READ: HOW TO A GET A JOB IN 2021 (A COMPLETE GUIDE)
Quality Assurance Officer
Raw & Packaging material Quality Assurance:
- Sample and test packaging and raw materials from suppliers for conformity to set specifications.
- Approve or reject supplied inputs based on their quality status.
- Monitor Shavers Assembly unit.
- Ensure proper storage to avert contamination.
- Reinforce FIFO during issuance and use.
Component Molding Quality Assurance:
- To ensure line clearance is done to avoid mixing of different materials /master batches /pigments.
- For each production line, prepare a line reference standard of the specified component and submit for review and authentication by the QA Manager.
- Carry out quality checks on all defined parameters for barrels, supports, tubes, buttons, caps, stems to ensure the components manufactured conforms to set specifications.
Ink filling Quality Assurance:
- Ensure line changeovers checks are done before ink fill line starts.
- Take extra measures to avoid change over ink cross contamination
- Evaluate at set time intervals, the defined ink fill attributes (test writing, ink content, writing quality, Free ink level etc.).
- Identify defects that may impact on the functional attributes of the ink fill (compromise writing /requirements set by LSNL/BIC)
- Capture rejects, scrap data, trend and initiate timely corrective actions.
Customer / Consumer Complaints and Trade Returns:
- Evaluate and prepare test reports specifying quality status of any complaint and the action to be taken
- Record complaints data, trend and initiate timely corrective actions.
LSNL / BIC Assembly Operations (Ball point pens and Shavers):
- Ensure line clearance is done to avoid mixing of different customer orders and relevant check sheet are prepared and signed
- Check and verify that the components and packaging materials issued for product assembly conform to set quality requirements and either approve for use or reject the defective components
- Prepare reports for all test samples collected online
- Carefully examine pen points/shavers, identify for defects that can affect writing and shaving performance
- Prepare a line reference standard for each production line and submit for review and authentication by the QA Manager
- Check the wooden hammers used for manual assembly have good quality rubber on both sides to avoid damaging the point.
- Perform hanging hole test at interval and report accordingly.
- Verify all screen print coupons before start of production. Review screen printed pens against approved sample
- Record rejects, scrap data, trend and initiate timely corrective actions
- Ensure all non-conforming materials are well segregated and properly disposed of
- Ensure that the correct quantities are packed at the weighing area and the correct batches and customer names are well coded as planned
- Bar coding controls –control of issuance to ensure specificity to product, conduct scan testing.
Calibration – Weights & Measures:
- Carry out daily weighing scale checks(calibration)
- Identify & Isolate any faulty equipment’s
- Document calibration results and submit for review
- Set and check of measurement gauges for accurate dimension achievement.
- To keep QA laboratory, tidy always.
Female Store Keeper (Lekki)
- Liase with the Branch manager to raise requisition for stock from warehouse on receipt of stock, physical confirmation of the stock to tally with central warehouse waybill and LTO (location transfer out)
- Register goods received into goods receipt register indicating W/bill & LTO numbers
- Register stock supplied to customer into the stock issue out register
- Daily manual update of bin cards for all stock movements in/out
- Reconcile monthly central warehouse confirmation with goods receipt register
- Daily / weekly / monthly stock count and reconciliation
- Keep and update register upon receipt of repaired items (for faulty items sent to the service centre for repairs
- Maintenance of the following manual registers – (goods returned to CWH with lto and lti recorded & interbranch supply)
Qualification and Requirement:
- B.Sc. / HND in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Social Sciences or any other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- The ideal candidate must be analytical, proactive and result-oriented. In addition, she must be trustworthy and accountable.
Shaver – Supervisor
- Coordinating and scheduling all the Shaver production activities
- Draw daily production plan and machine schedule
- Fully execute the drawn daily production schedule
- Ensure production declarations and Inventory transfer is done on Sage
- Deliver production targets in the most effective, efficient, and safest manner
- Performance monitoring – production targets and productivity tracking
- Ensure the responsible use of Consumables in the department
- Conferring with department process optimizers to determine the progress of work and completion dates
- Assemble and pack products as per the laid down procedures, ultimately ensuring quality products leaves the packaging hall
- Requisition of material/components and packaging according to the plan
- Effectively allocate manpower for the various operations
- Ensure accurate collection of OEE data (overall equipment effectiveness) and key in the data in the system on a daily basis
- Declare accurate production figures daily
- Liaise with the Production Manager, Head of Quality assurance and QA analyst on all quality issues
- Take part in the application of Process Improvement Principals in all functional areas to ensure continual process improvement
- Ensure the safety of all your workers
- Ensure good housing keeping.
Qualification and Requirement:
- Minimum of an OND in Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a related field.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Career Opportunities at BIC Nigeria” should click the button below and start their application.
- BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
Deadline: Not Specified
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: firstname.lastname@example.org