The University of Ibadan, UI as it is fondly referred to, is the first University in Nigeria. Until 1962 when it became a full-fledged independent University, it was a College of the University of London in a special relationship scheme.
The University, which took off with academic programmes in Arts, Science and Medicine, is now a comprehensive citadel of learning with academic programmes in thirteen Faculties namely, Arts, Science, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Agriculture and Forestry, the Social Sciences, Education, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Technology, Law, Public Health and Dentistry.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for University Librarian at University of Ibadan.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA – PhD
- Location: Oyo | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Oyo
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
- The University Librarian who is a Principal Officer of the University is the Chief Library Manager of the University’s Library System which is made up as follows:
- A main Library (Kenneth Dike Library)
- College of Medicine Library (E.Latunde Odeku Library)
- 15 Faculties’ Libraries
- Two Institutes’ Libraries
- Centres’ Libraries.
- The candidate for the University Librarian position must possess good Honours Degree in any discipline, a Master’s Degree in Library Information Studies from recognized universities and the possession of a PhD degree in similar areas
- In addition to the academic professional qualifications, a candidate must possess evidence of membership of library professional bodies and registration with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN), which is the regulatory agency for the practice of librarianship in Nigeria
- Of equal importance is that the candidate must possess sufficient evidence of continual scholarship and contribution to knowledge through publication in reputable peer reviewed outlets both within and outside the country
- Above all, the candidate must possess good managerial skills and competences including a clear understanding of the nature, dynamics and the intricacies in deploying information technologies as tools for the management of information collections in line with global best practices in contemporary university libraries.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The prospective candidate must have put a minimum of fifteen (15) years of cognate work experience into university library(ies).
- Ten (10) of these years must have been library management position.
- A candidate occupying a position lower than that of a Deputy University Librarian need not apply.
- Furthermore, the candidate should not be more than 65 years old by the date of possible assumption of office
Salary and Condition of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service areas applicable to the post of UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the University Governing Council.
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a period of five (5) years.
- The appointment subject to satisfactory performance may however, be extended for one (1) year and no more in line with the extent law.
- Fringe benefits include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time to time by the Government or University Council.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and thirty (30) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full names (surname first)
- Date of Birth (not age)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Postal / Email Address
- Full Qualifications with Dates
- Work Experience(s)
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
- They should also forward thirty (30) copies in not more than a page, a statement of their vision and mission for the Library of a mature University along with thirty (30) Photostat copies of each of their certificates.
Applications should be forwarded to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Ibadan,
Ibadan, Oyo State.
- All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “POST OF UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN”
- Candidates are requested to inform their Referees to send Confidential Reports on them, using letter-head papers direct to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, University of Ibadan, from whom further details may be obtained.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Deadline: June 21, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.