The British High Commission (BHC) creates international opportunities for the people and builds trust between them worldwide.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, age, veteran status, or other categories protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the clearance assistant at the British High Commission of Nigeria.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Abuja
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
UK Visas and Immigration is responsible for making millions of decisions every year about who has the right to visit or stay in the United Kingdom, with a firm emphasis on national security and a culture of customer satisfaction for people who want to visit legally.UK Visas and Immigration in Nigeria consists of two hub which service visa customers in Nigeria. Every year, more than 160,000 people from Nigeria visit the UK for leisure, family, business and education. The Entry Clearance Assistant role is critical to ensuring that UKVI Africa delivers against our global customer service commitments to process visa applications within agreed timelines.
The job holder will perform general office administrative duties and assist with the efficient running of the visa operation centre. The successful candidate must be able to perform administrative duties from various digital platforms and be flexible to move between departments as and when needed.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Process the printing of documents for cases sent by the UKVI Decision Making Centres (DMCs);
- Manage the content, security and integrity of the passport bank to assure an organised and efficient process according to guidance and security procedures;
- Undertake enrichment activity requests, following up cases and responding to DMCs in a timely manner. All calls and transcripts are completed professionally and to a high standard;
- Receive, record and follow through to resolve all overturned cases, and manage the Keep My Passport service by commenting on databases and liaising with our commercial partner in line with agreed procedures;
- Manage the dispatch process and resolve any complaints or service failures to the VAC, and escalate ongoing problems to a Team Leader;
- Manage logistics for UKVI staff and guests: arrange hotel booking, flights and transport arrangements for official travel in and out of Abuja;
- Perform other ad-hoc duties at special request to support the British High Commission and UKVI business delivery.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Basic IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Possess and display strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Strong customer focus with good attention to detail.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Desirable qualifications, skills, and experience
- Previous experience working in a Visa Section or official Government office.
Salary: USD 1,576.87
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: June 7, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.