Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion, and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies that are leaders in their market.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Communications Volunteer at Oando Plc
Function Area: Oando Foundation
Unit / Department: Fund Raising & Resource Mobilization
Reports To: Communication Officer
- To coordinate and execute the development of Oando Foundation social media strategy and policies and takes the lead in their implementation; develops and implements social media guidelines, systems, procedures and tools; and provides expert reporting, analytics, and advice to increase visibility, awareness, understanding and support for Oando Foundation’s mandate, vision, corporate objectives, activities, and programs in accordance with the scope and the standards set out below.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy to support the Foundation’s work across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other relevant social media platforms identified
- Drive engagement with social media community by amplification of Oando Foundation initiatives including but not limited to the Adopt-a-School-Initiative (AASI), Special Projects, and Volunteer Programme
- Develop and manage innovative, creative day-to-day content creation and monthly calendar (both programme and industry-related) across social media platforms. Upon approval, post information on a daily basis
- Actively engage with the programme team to identify opportunities for capturing and sharing activities, success stories, and lessons learned from programme implementation on social media channels.
- Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media platforms and deliver monthly reports with statistics and results for each account including online activities and brand mentions
- Create, build, and manage engaging social media campaigns that encourage positive comments on social media platforms (positives should always outweigh the negatives 70% to 30%).
- Build a list of relevant social media influencers and bloggers the Foundation can align with to promote the Oando Foundation brand
- Support the Corporate Communications officer with the planning and execution of events, regular website update, development of content for newsletters, annual reports, fact sheets and any other publication.
- Conduct relevant research on social media / engagement competitor and review on a weekly basis
- Through all of the above digital activities actively grow followership / likes/ shares / retweets on Oando Foundation social media platforms (evidence of monthly growth)
- Development and execution of an internal campaign to encourage Oando employee followership and participation as needed
- Attend weekly Communications and Foundation departmental meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Foundation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First Degree in any discipline from an accredited institution.
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience in social media marketing with demonstrated success, preferably with an NGO/Not-for-profit organization
- Proven experience in writing social media content
- Proven experience in covering live events in a social media capacity
- Proven experience with digital analytics and media tracking tools
- Proven experience spearheading digital/social media campaigns from strategy development to analytics and reporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment and with limited supervision.
- Knowledgeable about developments, innovations, and new tech in social media
- Excellent understanding of the newest trends or changes in social networking sites
- Creative flair and experience in creating simple, clear and innovative content to communicate complex issues for large but segmented audiences
- Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects effectively, and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail- and results-oriented, highly organized, and good communicator (excellent writing and speaking skills).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Communications Volunteer at Oando Plc” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: Not Specified
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: firstname.lastname@example.org