Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients
With over 150 years of hard work and commitment to making a real difference, our organization has grown in scale and diversity—approximately 263,900 people in 150 countries and territories, providing audit, tax, legal, financial advisory, risk advisory, and consulting services—yet our shared culture remains the same.
Credit Control Officer - Tax & Regulatory Services
- The Credit Controller role relates to overseeing the collection of all outstanding debts in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction.
- As such, a Credit Controller must be able to communicate in an efficient yet friendly manner with customers, as well as the broader receivable team.
- The goal is to analyze the receivable statement and follow up with clients to ensure collection.
The key expectations of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Management reports including providing comments on the reasons for variances between actual and target.
- Ensure invoices are raised timely based on the contractual terms with the customers.
- Monitor debtor balances to ensure a reduction in debtors DSO/monitor. receivable statements and identify ways to improve debt collection processes.
- Ensure credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within the unit.
- Develop and monitor a credit control system in collaboration with various units.
- Monitor overdue accounts and report any payment issues to management or appropriate unit.
- Follow up on overdue invoices and implement company collections procedures as necessary.
- Assist with timely resolution of complaints concerning billing
- Provide regular update report on the status of unpaid accounts and any repayment progress.
- Perform other official tasks related to receivables management and other areas as assigned by the Business Unit Leader.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or any related discipline; with a minimum of a Second Class Lower / Lower Credit.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or similar applications will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of MS-office tools i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Possess basic accounting, excellent communication, and presentation skills.
- Be of proven integrity, giving attention to confidentiality requirements.
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders.
- Patience and stress management.
- Ability to listen to customers and negotiate solutions.
- Strong analytical, coordination and multi-tasking skills.
- Pay attention to details.
The Impact You Will Make
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre.
Hybrid & Vaccination Policy:
- Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
- Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Credit Control Officer at Deloitte” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident.
- To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Deadline: Not Specified
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: firstname.lastname@example.org