The British High Commission (BHC) creates international opportunities for the people and builds trust between them worldwide.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, age, veteran status, or other categories protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of store officer at the British High Commission of Nigeria.
Table of Contents
- To be part of the British High Commission team responsible for handling official mails and distribution of mails both within and outside the British High Commission in compliance with FCDO policy and post regulations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Mail Handling
- Receiving all incoming mails.
- Sorting out and delivering all outgoing mails to different organizations within the Federal Capital Territory.
- Keeping records of all mails received and delivered.
- Keeping track and tracing all incoming and outgoing mails.
- Delivering mails to various departments within the British High Commission.
- Handling of Motor Bikes
- To take proper care of the official Motor bikes by washing, cleaning and ensuring that the bikes are in good condition
- Ensure that Motor Bikes and their accessories are securely parked when not in use and keys are properly kept to prevent theft and unauthorised use of the bikes.
- Ensure that the parcel Boxes on the bikes are in good condition and kept closed at all times
Any Other duties
- Keep accurate records on fuel used and other maintenance costs.
- Promptly report identified faults on motor bikes to the transport office for proper maintenance and routine Services.
- Carry out assigned tasks as directed by the Transport Manager, Deputy Transport Manager and Transport Communication Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience in mail handling and distribution
- Experience in driving motor bikes and basic maintenance of motor bikes
- Flexible approach to problem solving with an ability to think on their feet
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills, self starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills – capable of working quickly and accurately
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
- Fluent written and spoken English language.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- At least SSCE Certificate or Equivalent.
- Relevant training records in Customer Services.
- Familiar with the Nigerian transport system and the Abuja road networks.
- Possess a valid drivers license.
Salary: USD 399.72
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: October 5, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.