Food Concepts commenced operations in 2001. From inception, our aim has been clear-cut and focused: to revolutionize the food sector in West Africa and to deliver extraordinary satisfaction to our stakeholders.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Driver at British High Commission (BHC)
- To provide transport services for staff and visitors of the British Deputy High Commission (1HMG) to and from assigned destinations within Lagos in a safe, efficient and courteous manner observing all road traffic rules and post security regulations.
- Perform administrative duties as may be required to support the effective running of the Lagos office and Transport operations in the Nigeria Network.
Roles and Responsibilities
Transport Services – 60%:
- Manage transport booking requests and communicate effectively with customers and other stakeholders
- Drive 1HMG staff and visitors to meetings and functions within Lagos
- Conduct Airport runs to pick up/drop off 1HMG staff and visitors. Liaise with Airport officials as necessary.
- Undertake journeys to other states within Nigeria as necessary
- Perform duties in line with post security regulations
- Complete accurate journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles
Vehicle Maintenance and Management – 20%:
- Keep accurate records of vehicle mileage, fuel consumption and maintenance work/costs
- Perform daily inspections to ensure that all official vehicles are road worthy and in good working order.
- Wash/Clean official vehicles ensuring they are kept tidy and parked in a secured area.
- Complete vehicle inspection checklists and promptly report any defects, faults or incidents that occur to the Transport Manager
- Check that all vehicle equipment and tools are secured safely and are functioning correctly.
Administrative Support – 20%:
- Provide administrative support for the day to day running of the Lagos office
- Assist the Deputy Transport Manager/Team Leaders and liaise with other Corporate Services staff based in Lagos as necessary
- Update transport-related data using Microsoft Office IT systems and maintain other records as may be delegated by the office/transport manager
- Maintain adequate records for all the operations of the transport unit required for audit purposes e.g. Journey records, Stores, Vehicle maintenance checklists, Fuel Consumption, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Full valid Nigerian driving licence
- Minimum of 3 years verifiable previous driving experience
- Previous experience of driving Armoured Vehicles
- Good working knowledge (and driving experience) of Abuja and Northern Nigeria
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft Office tools
- Must possess a minimum of Ordinary National Diploma and SSCE with 5 credits obtained in one sitting
- Must be able to relate and speak fluently with locals
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience of driving for other Embassies or NGOs
Required Competencies :
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
NGN 223,596.96 / Month
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- Mandatory FCO e-learning
- Access to FCO e-learning opportunities and formal/informal learning and development opportunities at the British High Commission
- Core working hours are 40 hours per week (5 days per week)
- Drivers must work shifts rather than standard office hours. The nature of the job will require flexible working patterns. There is a requirement to work on a rotational basis sometimes in the evening and on weekends. Overtime will be paid for additional hours worked.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Driver at British High Commission (BHC)” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
Deadline: February 28, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
EDITOR’S NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not an affiliate of the employer’s company. We keep track of job information to serve you the latest opportunity available for Nigerians. Our services are free and independent. Our contact: email@example.com