IITA is an award-winning, research-for-development (R4D) organization, providing solutions to hunger, poverty, and the degradation of natural resources in Africa.
IITA is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farm land–by 2020. As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Driver at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Drive YIIFSAW-II Project vehicles to convey authorized staff and visiting partners;
- Drive vehicles on errands for project activities and assist in the execution of project activities in the execution in laboratory, screenhouse, glass house and on field;
- Carryout daily maintenance of project vehicle (cleaning and regular check-up);
- Ensure vehicle documents are up to date and comply with minimum security operating standards (MSOS);
- Report malfunction of the YIIFSWA vehicles under his care to the immediate supervisor;
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook including filling of the monthly balance sheet;
- Carryout office duties such as photocopying, sorting of documents etc;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- O’ Level with valid drivers’ licence with minimum of three (3) years’ related experience performing related role in an international organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to work with staff of different ethnic group and nationalities;
- Be computer literacy in using field tablets;
- Have good communication skill (fluency in writing, reading and spoken English).
- Be ready to work longer hours and weekends if needs be.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Driver at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)” should click the APPLY HERE button below
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format no later than the deadline
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: July 14, 2020
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.