UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
UNDP works in partnership with the Federal Government of Nigeria, development partners, UN agencies, civil society and local communities to help identify local solutions to meet national development challenges through a range of interventions that combine UNDP’s expertise and comparative advantage in the areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Driver at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Driver - Individual Contract (IC)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Additional Category: Management
Post Level: National Consultant
Starting Date: 15-Sep-2021
Duration of Initial Contract: 4 months
Expected Duration of Assignment: 4 months
Languages Required: English
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Human Right Advisor in the Resident Coordinator’s Office, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Human Rights Advisory Unit and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
- The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver can be also required to provide driving services to UN Staff, Consultants and Experts on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Provision of the services as required.
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of staff of the Resident Coordinator’s Unit, other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures support to all support duties allocated to him/her.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 2-3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair. Experience in the use of computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of
- The UN language of the duty station.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- Demonstrates high level of discretion.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Driver at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
- Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.