Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI), a public limited liability company, was established as a bank holding company in 1985 under a private sector initiative spearheaded by the Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce and Industry with the support of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
The Federation of West African Chambers of Commerce promoted and initiated a project to create a private, regional banking institution in West Africa. In 1984, Ecopromotions S.A. was incorporated. Its founding shareholders raised seed capital for feasibility studies and promotional activities leading to the creation of ETI.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Ecobank Nigeria Entry Level Job 2023.
Table of Contents
Credit Audit Officer
- Review of head office units and departments’ activities and ensure exceptions are properly reported and regularized.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policy and procedure.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to audit program in carrying out audit functions.
- Ensure that open items in Head Office GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the transactions recorded therein.
- Ensure prompt resolution of open issues in previous audit reports, management letter, regulatory reports and other statutory examiners’ reports involving head office units.
- Ensure prompt rendition of audit sub-reports to the Team Lead.
- Monitor compliance with credit policies and procedures.
- Ascertain completeness of credit documentations, to ensure that proper security documents for credits are in place and collaterals are adequate in lending units.
- Review and ensure risk assets comply with product, management and regulatory requirements
- Review risk assets and deposits in relation to budget and/or industry standard.
- Review loan loss provision in respect of reviewed facilities.
- Articulate policies and procedures in line with developments in order to achieve zero fraud level.
- Maintain proper records of audit working papers for the bank for reference purpose and to meet the requirements of external auditors and regulators.
- Carry out spot checks and investigation activities.
- Prepare quality audit reports based on audit observations and evidence.
- Carry out any other function as may be assigned by the Team Lead.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A good University degree with a minimum of 2:2 in relevant discipline.
- Possession of an advanced degree or professional certificate will be considered an advantage.
- Minimum of 1-2 years working experience in Credit Audit of a commercial Bank and / or Audit Firm / Operations
- Banking Principles
- Computer appreciation (word- processing/Spreadsheet/PowerPoint
- Exposure to process re-engineering
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Interpersonal skill
- Independent minded
- Investigative skills
- Report writing/ Fraud Investigation skill
- Analytical/problem solving skill
- Strong knowledge of banking operations, audit, products & customer segmentation
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Fraud and operational risk knowledge
Personalities and attributes
- Paying attention to details
- Lean towards solution providing
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Effective communication
- Goal driven and result- oriented
- Integrity, trustworthiness and innovative
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: June 9, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.