The World Bank Group is the biggest multilateral funder of climate investments in developing countries. It is the largest and best-known development bank in the world and an observer at the United Nations Development Group.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Applications are currently invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for a vacant position at World Bank Group.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Lagos
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
- IFC – a member of the World Bank Group is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries.
- In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially, and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world.
- IFC is looking to recruit an Investment Analyst for its Africa Infrastructure department. The hiring group is responsible for sourcing and executing investment transactions in the power, utilities, logistics, technology, municipal finance, and transportation sectors in the North Africa, Nigeria, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tome e Principe, and the Horn of Africa regions (together “the Region”).
- Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the IFC’s investment projects. This position is expected to cover all sectors of the group and is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Duties and Accountabilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and review financial models and ensure consistency with financing agreements and relevant project documents.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements.
- Conduct industry and market research.
- Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and other information submitted by clients.
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.
- Work closely with IFC environment and social, insurance, technical, legal and treasury staff and external advisors to evaluate and process investment projects.
- Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Participate in investment negotiations, and in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies including quarterly reporting, compliance and tracking of development outcomes.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree, specialization in Finance preferred.
- Experience at a top tier financial institution (minimum 2+ years) with a proven track record, including experience creating financial models.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions.
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Interest in development issues and working in emerging markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Language skills in Portuguese are a bonus.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below
Deadline: June 8, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.