DHL Nigeria is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 325,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world’s leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL Group and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain. Mission & Vision We want to be “The Logistics Company for the World”, simplifying customers’ lives and contributing positively to the world.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the fresh job at DHL Nigeria
Table of Contents
Road Freight Commercial Center Lead
- Increase number of winning bids through accurate & competitive completion of Road Freight estimate requests
- Ensure product profitability by managing customer selling rates and supplier buying rates
- Maintain minimum 50% hit ratio for all ad-hoc bids and RFQ’s
- Improving carrier base in country by minimum of 100% in first year and 25% YOY
- Owns and maintains Country Road freight Tariffs with carriers on agreed validity
- Understanding and Managing of costing Structure of Road Freight Supplier
- Manage contract with all suppliers, establish regular carrier meetings and ensures that these are conducted for all key carriers
- Drive best pricing solutions in order to maximize profitability of Road freight. Negotiate and procure best rates in market
- Review existing pricing rates and policies with carriers and network to initiate updates and changes based on market trend/current business requirements and maintain strong relationship with them
- Manage and keep transport supplier (buying) register up to date.
- Execution of global procurement strategy and decisions (rates, process, etc.)
- Monitors carrier/ station performance and initiates corrective actions
- Development and Implementation of a Rate Card Model for domestic and cross border Road Freight
- Ensure domestic and cross border rates input into the rate management system and validate it for Auto costing, quotations and auto rating
- Standardize costing Model to ensure quick and effective turnaround timings on pricing requests
- Standard quotes are responded within 6 hours exclusions – weekends and requests received after 4 pm on work days (Monday – Friday)
- Determine profit margin, support and follows up with Sales, Sales Support and Customer Service
- Source and Provide Spot Rates to Sales, Customer Service and customers for all types of cargo to be moved by road
- Follow-up with internal and external customer requests for quotes & pricing.
- Follow-up on all estimates that have been submitted to customers
- Maintain proactive communication/relationship with colleagues and managers
- Maintain and keep estimate/bid register up to date
- Monitor and participate on RFQ’s for road freight together with designated sales person
- Managing and fully owning RFQ Bids for road freight
- Coordinate RFQ’s above 50.000 USD with Regional Head of Commercial Center Road Freight
- Submission of RFQ bids in good time before deadline in customer specified methodology (online, physical or email)
- Participate and consult other departments and products in their pricing strategy for road freight component of freight
- Supply Month End number of estimates completed, won and lost to Head of Road Freight
- Assist in rate disputes where necessary
- Use of Quoteshop for 100% enquires
- Develop and execute trade-lane management marketing and capacity overview
Quality & Improvement
- Comply with company Quality processes
- Ensure proper storage & management of Communications, rates agreements and win/loss ratio analysis
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must have a Bachelor degree
- Preferable tertiary education including diploma an advantage.
- Great command of Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
- Good time management skills
- Customer Management Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Be able to communicate with customers effectively and have a great telephone etiquette
- Be a team player
- Be able to work under pressure and be an achiever
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have good inter-personnel skills
- Good negotiating skills and be able to influence customers & suppliers
- Ability to work unsupervised
- High level of attention to detail
- Achievement oriented
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.