The International Red Cross and Red Crescent (ICRC) Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent (ICRC) is recruiting for vacant position. All Interested candidates are advised to go through available position carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Apply now for the Fresh Job at ICRC – International Committee of the Red Cross.
Under the direct supervision of Mobile Buyer, Buyer 1 supports the procurement process in Maiduguri in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations, securing the best correlation of quality, price, and delivery time.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives Supply Requests (SR), analyses them and communicates with the requester for further details if needed.
- Advises requester on quality issues/differences and determines relevant specifications per product.
- Responsible for the follow-up process until goods/services are delivered by the supplier and payment has been completed
- Prepares and sends out request for quotation (RFQ) or request for tender (RFT).
- Ensures that the RFQ/RFT contains all relevant information to enable transparent selection of the best price, quality, delivery times and other terms and conditions.
- Evaluates the offers received after the closing date of the RFQ/RFT and recommends a supplier for award.
- Presents selection table (ST) and supporting documents to justify and exhibits transparency in the choice of supplier.
- Responsible to actively reduce cost or initiate savings without compromising the quality of goods or services purchased.
- Creates Purchase Orders and Contracts (for services) for items purchased and where necessary.
- Informs the warehouse ahead of time about delivery and provide SR/SP (Supply petty cash orders) and Purchase Orders details.
- Responsible for and handles petty cash purchases on a day-to-day basis with working advances.
- Provides requester and Finance with updated information regarding purchases (amount and timing).
- Checks, translates, and processes invoices from the suppliers, provides all supporting documents and submits these to the relevant signatories for approval and payment.
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers and checks the market for potential new ones.
- Periodically carries out supplier evaluation, visits, confirming quality and availability of warehousing and stock.
- Ensures supplier’s registration and validation are completed in cooperation with the Finance
- Ensures that all standards databases are filled correctly and used (JDE, TeamSpace, PaperLess ProFiles).
- Updates and maintains supplier’s database or similar
- Reports any changing on the local market (availability of goods, shortage, price increase, etc.)
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing or in water supply, sanitation, construction, engineering, or any related technical field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Logistics, purchasing, administration and / or experience in water supply, sanitation, construction, or engineering.
Desired profile and Skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and knowledge of local languages is an asset
- Very well organized, adapting and learning, teamwork with good planning abilities.
- Good knowledge of the local market and ability to negotiate.
- Computer literacy; proficient in Microsoft Office software skills (outlook, Excel Power Point, Word).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send Curriculum Vitae, application letter and NYSC Certificate to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org. (Tip: Learn how to write a Professional CV).
Clearly indicate “ABJ202200349 Buyer 1 MIU” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be considered).
Deadline: December 2, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.