The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
The British Council is committed to supporting all staff to make sure their behavior is consistent with this commitment. We create a friendly environment for our staff and high incentive.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the fresh job at the British Council of Nigeria. See below.
Table of Contents
To implement, maintain and monitor the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure in Nigeria Main Offices, supporting ICT Manager and providing a range of appropriate, efficient IT services. Overall this will ensure the wider staff body have seamless access and services to meet their own objectives, business needs, strategy, and the aspirations of the Country Plan.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
This post will have the following core functions:
- Provide technical support to British Council main office staff on standard software and hardware, including telephones, mobile technology, printers/copiers/scanners, including support with events including web streaming. This includes communicating timelines and expected resolution, the management of task logging, provision of technical resolution within the agreed period, and follow-ups that may be required:
- Ensuring timely first- and second-level support to ensure seamless operations
- Escalating any problems/issues to relevant teams as required and following up to facilitate effective communications to end-users
- Supporting the implementation of local projects in conjunction with GIS and GSD.
- Support administration, implementation, and upgrades of the overall ICT environment (hardware, software, and infrastructure) according to business and technical needs, in accordance with the Kenya / corporate ICT strategy, industry best practice, and necessary change and configuration management. Monitoring of all server (MS 2008) logs, services, performance, disk space, and the taking of corrective action.
- Ensuring daily backups of all servers are taken, including conducting test restores
- Ensuring systems are secured from external threats like hacking/virus attacks, including regular checks on software compliance
- Ensuring 24/7 availability of Local Area Network (LAN) and Internet connectivity
- Ensuring restricted access to server rooms and the physical security of IT equipment
- Implementing approved updates/upgrades on receipt of guidelines and Technical Design, within agreed timeframes, ensuring service disruptions and appropriate communications to staff
- Ensuring ‘correct first-time’ installation of standard and approved software
- Managing the IT inventory (software and hardware)
- Ensuring that (a) the SBU and BSS teams are aware of information security policies and (b) comply with them, working in close conjunction with the Information and Records Manager.
- Ensuring account opening requests are actioned effectively and that new accounts are ready ahead of time.
- Disabling accounts same day on request from HR/line managers, for leavers or other staff as needed.
- Providing security awareness briefings to the teams on a regular basis, at least annually.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) on Win 7 and Server 2008 platform
- University degree or equivalent
- 5 years of IT experience in desktop support and server administration, networking, and providing technical and business application support
- Office 2016 support and Knowledge of Office 365 functionality, including Skype for Business, Teams, OneNote, One Drive, Planner, and Sway; and practical ability in deployment, and supporting user requests
- User Support Skills: Ensures all IT issues are resolved or channelled to appropriate support function in GIS within agreed service levels
- Microsoft Certified Professional on (Window10 + Server 2016)
- ITIL Foundation certificate or corresponding level of knowledge
- Basic Project Management skills
- Practical knowledge of computer networks (client-server and workgroup networks)
- Practical knowledge of working with Microsoft Windows Server products in a corporate environment.
Remuneration: NGN 9,579,375 gross per annum
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: October 12, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.