Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Jobs at Sterling Bank Plc
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy-collaborative relationship with the applicable business unit(s) to enable measurable difference in employee engagement and increase productivity.
- Drive bottom-line business performance through the creation of effective and efficient partnering, ensuring that maximizing employee-engagement is at the heart of every interaction.
- Act as a catalyst, stimulating high engagement through better manager behaviors – including the appropriate configuration of people, products and processes which ensure employee needs are satisfied and managers/employees are playing to their strengths.
- Live the commitments of the bank’s employee brand promise, acting as a role model for others and relentlessly focusing employees on the Bank’s values and the behaviors associated with upholding them
- Form credible-proactive relationships to influence and make a difference to the people-management activities
- Coach leadership proactively within teams in their area of responsibility both as a team and as individuals to drive business performance through high engagement.
- Support line managers in configuring and deploying people policies, products and processes to drive engagement in view of driving business performance. Ensure a robust talent pipeline to meet the future needs of the functions through managers identifying, developing and appropriately stretching talent at every level.
- Collaborate with colleagues across HR (including the Centers of Expertise and the HR Shared Service Centre) to ensure continuous improvement in the function.
- Act as a change manager for the regions/departments, facilitate the change process in the bank by working with the internal consultants or project group.
- Support the continuous review of the HR operating model for alignment to the corporate strategy using available data to avail HR metrics to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the models/ strategies.
- Maintain awareness of the culture, plans, financial position and competition of the business units under the HR purview.
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First degree in any discipline, Master’s or equivalent degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Sector Management or related discipline will be added advantage
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience as an HR Generalist, including the following areas: Recruitment and Selection, Learning and Development, Compensation and Benefits, Mobility, Policy and Programme, etc.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Knowledge of Human Capital Mgt
- Research orientation
- Policy Formulation & Implementation
- Knowledge of Employment & Labor Laws
- Stakeholder Management
- Decision quality & Problem-solving.
Group Head, Regulatory Returns & Financial Crimes
To inculcate in various business groups the compliance culture which provides all stakeholders an assurance of business continuity and appropriate returns on investment; providing compliance risk management support that protect the Bank from regulatory enforcement and reputational damage.
- Implement the compliance risk policy of the Bank in conjunction with various stakeholders.
- Develop an adequate risk assessment processes, policies and procedures to comprehensively manage identified/perceived risks.
- Provide operational coordination on general compliance education in the Bank through timely information dissemination, thus, increasing compliance awareness leading to improved compliance culture in the Bank.
- Develop appropriate policies to foster the AML/CFT Compliance Program and mitigating identified risk through policy formulation and monitoring
- Supervise general KYC issues and implementation of the various KYC Policies.
- Operational supervision of other Compliance Officers /departments for efficient and effective management of the compliance function in the Bank
- Provide compliance advisory to the Bank on local and cross border relationships so as to avoid breach of due diligence procedures in engagements
- Identify weaknesses in the AML/CFT Compliance Program and implement necessary and timely corrective action at the institutional level
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years’ post qualification banking experience out of which least 4 years should be in Branch Operations, Risk/ Control functions or any other relevant group within the Financial Services Industry
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Jobs at Sterling Bank Plc” should click the button below to apply.
Deadline: September 16, 2020
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.