UNDP is the development arm of the United Nations. Present in 170 countries with over 17,000 people, UNDP works on the world’s biggest problems: extreme poverty, climate change, good governance, renewable energy, crisis prevention, and women’s empowerment, among others.
UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity-building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive Growth, and Sustainable Development.
We are inviting suitably qualified candidates to fill the fresh jobs at UNDP – United Nations Development Programme.
Table of Contents
The Logistic Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and Projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
The Logistics Assistant is needed to ensure efficient delivery of services to UNDP CO and other high-ranking UN Officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, high sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementation of operational strategies.
- Provides efficient logistic support.
- Assist in efficient liaison support to CO.
- Assist in efficient document management service.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with LIN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
Ensures efficient Logistics support , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordination of transportation services, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption* update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, loss or theft of items.
- Provides logistical support to incoming missions, medical evacuations, and to conferences/workshops and seminars;
- Interacts with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Main Department -for Immigration Service & Nationality Affairs, Airports Authority and other national authorities to obtain various clearances and authorizations.
- Works in close coordination with all Units within Operations, Programme, Projects and other UN agencies to ensure smooth flow of events.
Assists in the efficient liaison support to the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in overseeing all protocol issues with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA);
- Liaises and follows up with diplomatic and consular services on issuance of visa;
- Arranges for the processing of residence permits and certifying of Driving Licenses for International Staff and their dependents.
- Assists in the prompt clearance of UNDP consignments and shipments of personal effects of UN personnel;
- Liaises and follows up with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Main Department for Immigration & Nationality Affairs on all new policy circulars or revisions on privileges and immunities;
- Liaises with Airport Authority to secure appropriate protocol services;
- Follows up on the registration of motor vehicles of UNDP as well as privately owned motor vehicles of UN International Staff.
Assist in efficient document management service focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Drafts correspondence on protocol matters and guides CO and other resident and non-resident agencies on appropriate protocol and correspondence guidelines when communicating with government and other external partners;
- Conducts briefing for staff on their diplomatic privileges and immunities in Nigeria;
- Guides staff on completing relevant host country applications, governing privileges and immunities;
- Tracks the expiry dates of documents and visas;
- Actively undertakes cost recovery and ensures timely settlement of accounts by clients and projects for services provided.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in the training of staff on administrative procedures of UNDP
- Briefing/Debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 5 years of relevant experience in Logistics Administration.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems,
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Local language of the duty station
Driver / Clerk
The incumbent will be responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services to the Project. S/he will also be responsible for providing clerical support to various project staff as required, including day-to-day office project work as well as during events such as workshops, meetings, conferences, seminars, and training activities. The driver will be under the overall supervision of the Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reliable and secure driving services to the Core Project Unit and CONIG personnel, as required.
- Ensure cost-savings through, amongst others, proper use and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through minor repairs, timely change of oil, check of tyres, brakes, car washing etc.
- Report any mechanical fault in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to see that the repairs were well done.
- At all time, make sure that copies of vehicle insurance including office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts are available.
- Ensure that all immediate measures required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Learn and comply with all security requirements, when driving and using the vehicle
- Support the project team by providing administrative and clerical support as requested, including in preparing, copying, collating, binding, filing and distributing documents, mail and notifications, as instructed
- Provide logistical and administrative support during events and meetings, as required
- Provide any other clerical support to the office as may be required
- Support hospitality and orientation support of personnel and other individual, especially of new staff and visitors and guests of the Project Support Unit and the Country Office, as required
- Ensure security and safety at all times especially while driving and respond to radio checks/calls at all times.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Basic mechanical knowledge leading to an ability to perform minor repairs of vehicle and also analyse any malfunctions and repairs performed on the vehicle accurately;
- Sound knowledge of Jos and its environs as well as good knowledge of some of the main cities in the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
- Basic book-keeping knowledge and understanding, especially with regard to spreadsheets;
- Ease of working in a multi-cultural, multi-dimensional, fast paced environment with competing demands;
- Demonstrates the values of the United Nations, particularly integrity, efficiency, respect for gender and diversity, in daily activities and behaviours;
- Shows pride in work and in assigned role;
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of main area of responsibility;
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing timeframes and deadlines;
- Motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments;
- Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules;
- Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems;
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks;
- Meets timeline for delivery of goods, transportation requests, or services to client.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues within and outside of UNODC; is willing to learn from others;
- Places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing:
- Able to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor work while prioritizing competing demands;
- Able to work on tight deadlines;
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- Monitors and adjusts plans and projects as necessary.
- Uses time efficiently.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Secondary Education with relevant trade test, and valid driving license
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience as driver.
- Sound knowledge of UN and the Federal Republic of Nigeria driving requirements.
- Demonstrable skills in carrying out minor vehicle repairs are necessary.
- Prior experience working as a driver/clerk is a requirement, preferably with an international, national or NGO office.
- Work experience with the UN or other international institutions with stringent accountability rules would be an asset.
- Sound knowledge of Abuja and its environs as well as good knowledge of some of the main cities in Nigeria would be an asset.
- Fluency in English, with excellent drafting skills, is essential.
- Knowledge of major languages in popular use in would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: October 4, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.