Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We strive to maintain a work environment where everyone can apply and develop skills and talents consistent with our values and business objectives. This applies to every employee, regardless of location, gender, ethnicity and physical abilities.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting to fill the position below. All Interested candidates are advised to go through the graduate job at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Rivers | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Rivers
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing the energy industry in the coming decades is considerable. IT specialists are vital to how we leverage and deliver global digital solutions. You’re going to be a key part of the Shell Nigeria Service & Operations Management (SOM) team. This team delivers secure, reliable, and affordable end to end IT operations to the Upstream, Integrated Gas, New Energies and Projects & Technology business. As IT professionals with a business lens our focus is to unlock value and accelerate Shell’s journey in energy transition. One Team mindset is a key part our culture. Our specific objective is to directly provide Information Technology services and infrastructure that enable achievement of Business Objectives and goals.
What’s the role?
The Offshore Support Engineer enables reliable and secure IT Operations in the Shell Nigeria IT space, by primarily supporting critical field telecoms services either Onshore or Offshore.
The position provides services to meet the financial and operating performance targets of IT operations within the Nigeria Telecoms Operations Landscape (and associated support roles for PCD (Process Control Demand) and/or End User Computing Operations services).
Collaborates effectively with designated Lead (either Onshore Field Telecoms or offshore IT Support) and 3rd party vendors to ensure end-2-end delivery of Telecoms/IT services to support the actualization of the business’ plan.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Education or Certification: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Communications Engineering or Applied Sciences.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in IT service delivery and support, especially in Offshore IT Support.
- Knowledge of Security and Safety Critical equipment essential for SOLAS (Safety of life at Sea).
- Knowledge of Offshore communication technologies and equipment.
- Experience in Telemetry and Navigational systems.
- Very good knowledge of microwave and mobile (preferably Motorola) radio systems.
- Working knowledge of close circuit Television (CCTV) and Public Address and General Alarm (PAGA) systems, Intrusion detection systems.
- Background in computer and telecoms industry is ideal.
- Proven record of delivering against stretched targets.
- Demonstrable ability to engage effectively with all levels in Business & IT
- Ability to work in offshore (Deep and Shallow water) and onshore environment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.