The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health.
The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.” It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide. Read More
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the graduate job at the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Abuja
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Senior Operations Officer of WHO/Nigeria and the direct supervision of the ICT Team lead, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Installation, Administration and Maintenance of the Following: ICT Hardware and Software according to WHO AFRO ICT standard ICT services to the office.
- LAN/WAN and data communications systems Maintain, troubleshoot and repair ICT equipment.
- Perform daily server backup of data files Disaster recovery procedures ICT infrastructure against Cybersecurity threat Administer software and updates.
- Reporting Make a quarterly report on informatics equipment inventory Provide technical documentation concerning all ICT-related activities and update it at defined periodic intervals Make a monthly activity report
- User and Administrative Support: Provide in-house training/assistance to staff on usage of IT equipment’s and software
- Assisting in the design and implementation of database applications and other computer programs4. Perform other duties as required.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Essential: University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Desirable: Master’s degree in electronic or communications engineering or computer technology and ICT Certifications (Microsoft, CISCO, etc.).
- Essential: At least 2 years of experience in the implementation, administration, and maintenance of IT network infrastructures, servers and end-user support.
- Desirable: Experience in integrating voice and data communication. Experience with IT Network architecture, Experience in routers and switches configuration, IP addressing and subnetting, Experience in virtualization.
- The job requires a very good knowledge of LAN/WAN network infrastructure (Cisco routers and Switches, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, VPN, VLAN, Firewall, Proxy server, VSAT, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, Virtualization, Cloud computing, Software as a Service (SaaS), Voice over IP, etc.);
- Good knowledge of Windows end user and server operating system, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Office Applications; Good knowledge of computer security including firewall and virus protection;
- Good knowledge to Implement and ensure appropriate processes for data protection, backup, disaster recovery, and failover procedures;
- Good knowledge of Database Programming;
- Good knowledge of Administration of Telecommunication systems;
- Good knowledge on Installation and support for the new collaborative tolls (Teams, Zoom, SharePoint, etc.) and other online video conferencing platforms;
- Good knowledge on users support; Ability to analyse and troubleshoot problems; Ability to write technical documents.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 19,956,269 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: March 22, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.