U.S. Consulate General – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at U.S. Consulate General
- The incumbent works as a System Network Administrator responsible for administration, management and analysis of the U.S Mission’s complex network infrastructure of Intranet OPENNET (LAN) and Dedicated Internet Network / OPENNET PLUS (WAN) connectivity;
- The incumbent is responsible for implementation of complex network configurations, network architecture / topology, network access controls/security optimization of network resources modification and maintenance of client-server database management systems.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience: Minimum of two years experience in computer operations, programming, network operations, maintenance and repair; or a combination thereof is required.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of principles of computers, network operations and programming, as well as familiarity with administration of Local Area Networks are required.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems Management is required.
- Must be able to attain comptia certifications after one year of employment: A+, Network+ and Security+
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Language: Fluency in (Speaking/Reading/Writing) English Language.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to administer and maintain Server 2008, 2012, Exchange 2016, Windows 7 and Windows 10, LANs, WANs and Network infrastructure based on Department of States (DS) Guidelines, formal instructions to new users and ability to interface with personnel at all level is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems is required.
- Must be able to prepare documents, communicate needs and problems to management when required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link (PDF).
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN 8,569,748 / USD $42,149 annually.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job at U.S. Consulate General” should click the APPLY HERE button below
Deadline: August 14, 2020
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.