Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We strive to maintain a work environment where everyone can apply and develop skills and talents consistent with our values and business objectives. This applies to every employee, regardless of location, gender, ethnicity, and physical abilities.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting to fill the position below. All Interested candidates are advised to go through the graduate jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Table of Contents
The job requires a dynamic, self-motivated person who enjoys a challenge and wishes to hold a key position in an exciting development in the offshore oil industry in Nigeria.
Prime responsibility will be to assist and understudy the Marine Supervisor in all aspects of their work. This includes cargo loading and ballasting, including all aspects of stability and strength calculations, cargo sampling, offload hose maintenance and general shipboard duties.
To assist with marine and tanker system operations, air and supply boat logistics on, off and to the installation to ensure that activities in support of operations can be conducted in a timely, safe and cost-effective manner.
What’s the role?
- Assist with the maintenance of the Safety Case and the implementation of the Safety Management System on the installation
- Carry out loading, storage, transfer and discharge of crude oil in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in the production of detailed loading/discharge plans maintaining the vessel’s stability within acceptable limits at all times
- Carry out the loading, transfer and discharge of ballast water in a safe and efficient manner. And utilise the ballast systems to ensure the installation at all times meets the stability criteria
- Manage the slop tanks, including clean water overboard discharge, in accordance with the installation operating procedures.
- Use of inert gas generator to maintain a safe and positive pressure regime in the cargo spaces at all times
- Assist in preparing cargo, ballast, and slop oil tanks for entry and subsequent return to service when required. To include all isolation and cleaning requirements.
- First line maintenance on all ancillary equipment
- .Ensure the Single Point Mooring Buoy and associated equipment is available at all times for crude oil export.
- Act as Permit to Work “Area Authority” for all marine systems, cranes, lifeboats and escape system facilities, cargo handling and tank management systems.
- Act as nominated deputy for the Asset Operator under the permit to work system
- Ensure that all relevant safety equipment and systems are maintained in an operable condition
- Assist the Marine Supervisor in controlling marine activity to ensure that standby vessels conform to installation operational safety requirements, anchoring/survey/diving operations in the vicinity of the installation are conducted safely, and bulk and general transfers to and from the installation are also performed safely
- Ensure correct operation and set up of the radar and GMDSS unit.
- Ensure the safe and time bound delivery of range of duties relating to the terminal marine assets and supply vessels and ensuring the terminal is proactive and innovative and continually improving its practices
- Assist the Marine Supervisor in liaising with Immigration, the government oil & gas regulators (NMDPRA & NUPRC) and other government representatives (e.g. NNPC) involved in oil lifting in the Bonga FPSO
- Assist Marine Supervisor in security matters, relief Port Facility Security officer as required
- Relief Marine Supervisor as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Hold a valid Chief Mate unlimited, II/2, CoC with tanker endorsement. A valid OOW unlimited, II/1, CoC may be considered if you have up to 10 years experience in the maritime industry with at least 5 years in FPSOs/FSOs
- A minimum of 36 months seagoing service on tankers and at least 5 years’ experience in the maritime industry.
- Hold a valid GMDSS certificate A working knowledge of Terminal working practices is required as well as a good knowledge on cargo loading and vessel stability, including the use of associated safety systems
- Previous experience in FPSO/FSO Operations will be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with submerged FRAMO pumping systems and inert gas systems would be a definite advantage.
- Experience in Tanker is a must
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to learn quickly. Must be prepared to train and become qualified to undertake the duties of a Permit Signatory and System Auditor.
- Basic knowledge on tanker operation and terminology
- Basic Knowledge of the best industry standards and requirements for FPSO s operations and terminal marine assets e.g., OCIMF, SIGTTO, ICS, PIANC, etc.
- Ability to organise and plan work effectively, lead and manage others
- Good Knowledge on the ways to reduce demurrage cost and oil loss claims
- Importance of product quality in the loading process and the Product Quality Early Warning System process
- Understanding procedures relating to oil accounts in the work process
- Understanding and applying process isolation standards and Permit to Work system. Experience as a Confined Space Safety Assessor and Authorised Gas Safety Tester will be an advantage.
The Electrical Engineer is required to support the delivery of all Electrical works at the COG (Conventional Oil & Gas) Electrical discipline. S/He will be part of a multi-discipline corporate Engineering team providing expert integrated engineering support to assets and projects across all the traditional Upstream business as well as the emerging renewable energies. S/He will provide electrical engineering support and steers in Concept definition, FEED, Detailed Engineering design, Installation and Construction phases of different green and brown Projects and will also support all Electrical discipline health checks activities which includes Electrical facilities inspections; Electrical authorization process and ESR & ESOP compliance audits in Assets and Projects; ensuring operational excellence in HSE and technical integrity of the Assets.
- Provide technical specialist Engineering expertise & support to the Infrastructure Project team for new and upgrade Projects during the design, procurement, installation and commissioning stages; ensuring alignment with local regulatory requirements and discipline
- Support the review for all Assets, SEN & NGRE (Nigerian Real Estate) Electrical modifications works through the Management of Change (MoC) system.
- Interface efficiently with Asset team, projects, operation support team, Service Providers and Statutory bodies, ensuring that requirements are fulfilled in design.
- Organize, coordinate and support the process of Electrical Authorization process which involves, collating nominations and getting facilitators and interviewers for the training and assessment to complete the process and issue certificate to successful candidates ensuring the database of authorized persons is always up to date
- Organize a quarterly review/audit of the Electrical Safety Rules (ESR) and Electrical Safety Operational procedures (ESOP) implementation/compliance by both Assets and Projects
- Contribute and partake in all technical and Safety audits and design reviews (e.g. HAZOP, SAFOP, peer reviews, design reviews, HBA etc) to ensure compliance with legislation and Shell global policies, guidelines and standards.
- Interface efficiently with Asset and Project teams, Service Providers and Statutory bodies, ensuring that requirements are fulfilled.
- Be able to attain Company’s s Electrical Technical Authority (TA3) and provide assurance in supportof e Shell Energy, Nigeria (SEN) Projects, Asset operations and new initiatives
- Participate in review of Work method statements (WMS), plans and procedure; Risks assessments and Job hazard analysis (JHA); and the Project execution schedule and work activities plan for SEN.
- Support the design of Do It Yourself (DiY) from Asset, SEN and NGRE by providing assurance for all Electrical Engineering deliverables
- Initiate necessary reviews and update of the Electrical Safety Rules and Electrical Safety Operating Procedures as required and in alignment with the Company’s HSSE&CF framework
- Support the Well’s team and other stakeholders in carrying out integrity checks/audit on Contractor’s vessel, houseboats etc to ensure compliance with the Company’s Electrical safety rules
- Promote the application of new technologies and design/implementation methodologies
- Obtain continuous improvement initiatives and follow up with Assets for implementation
- Organize the quarterly skill pool and TAs meetings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Positions requires a seasoned Electrical Engineering graduate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, preferably registered with Council for regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN and a member of NSE (Nigeria Society of Engineers)
- Minimum of 5 years Electrical engineering practice in the Oil & Gas industry is a must
- Conversant with Nigerian, Shell Group and International oil and gas facilities design codes and standards.
- Conversant with electrical software tools for the suite of electrical system studies, short circuit, load flow, motor starting, arc flash calculation, protection settings coordination and discrimination and stability studies. Cable sizing and selection lighting calculations and modelling; DC systems, conversion equipment, battery systems and dc distribution networks
- Good knowledge of sizing and selection of Key electrical equipment such as Generators, Transformers, HV & LV Switchgears, Motors/Motor starters, UPS, packaged equipment etc.
- Experience in installation, testing and commissioning of electrical systems comprising of Generators, HV/LV cables, Transformers, HV/LV switchgears (Packaged substation), UPS, Motors etc.
- Able to Model DC systems including solar (PV) arrays and BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems)
- Manage the selection, installation, inspection, repair of electrical equipment for hazardous (classified) areas
- Good knowledge of electrical safety vis-a-vis safe isolation, earthing, LOTO (Lock out tag out) , issue of electrical certificates
- Selection & installation of Ex equipment in Hazardous areas etc.
- Ability to function effectively in a multi-ethnic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Good personal relations and communications skills are paramount for success. Inter-cultural awareness, team integration abilities are a requirement
- Personal effectiveness and ability to work and learn fast on the job.
- Must be self-driven to deliver agreed tasks
- Internal: Other COG Discipline Engineers, HSE, Production Assets, Contracting & Procurement, Projects services, Quality, CSU, OR &A, Projects
- External: Regulatory Bodies, NSE, COREN, Contractors, OEMs, Vendors, PTE etc.
Senior Civil Engineer, CDI
To supervise planning, design and construction of onshore civil facilities (Roads & FLB infrastructure), ensuring delivery to quality specifications, within schedule & budget, in a safe and environmentally friendly manner, to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- Develop Project Implementation Roadmap
- Manage planning, design and construction of onshore civil infrastructure by providing technical, HSSE and commercial leadership (comprising project planning, sope/risk/assurance reviews pre-contract award activities, contract award, construction supervision, commissioning, handover to Asset Team)
- Collaborate with Contracting and Procurement and Legal departments to resolve claims and disputes that may arise thereof
- Coordinate discipline interfaces, liaise with TAs, Implement MOC process
- Supervise Health, Safety, Security & Workers’ Welfare to ensure zero Lost Time Injury
- Implement Joint Venture and Nigerian Content Development (NCD) requirements
- Participate in Investment planning (IP), cost estimating, budget preparation, and performance reporting
- Managing interfaces with various stakeholders for successful project execution and start-up
- Participating in integrated audits & contributing own expertise (design reviews, Quality, HSE and Business Control audits)
- Provide close-out reports upon project completion and share areas for lateral learning
- Managing difficult conversations with external stakeholders, Local Contractors Capacity and heightened security operating levels. The incumbent will be required to proffer ingenious and innovation solutions to these and other emerging challenges.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- COREN Registered Engineer with Civil Engineering degree and min 5 years of experience in Civil Engineering and Project execution/construction in challenging environments is a must
- Leadership and motivational skills are essential for managing workforce in challenging work environments
- Good communication skills for effective engagement of stakeholders.
- Good IT skills and knowledge of project management tools/processes in Shell
- Sound knowledge of Personal Safety and Contractor HSSE Management
- Certification on project management via APM or PMI (e.g. PMP) will be an added advantage or equivalent.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.