Andersen Nigeria is an independent tax and business advisory firm with a worldwide presence through the member firms and collaborating firms of Andersen Global.
We provide specialist Tax, Corporate and Commercial Advisory, Regulatory and Transactional Services, Transfer Pricing and business advisory services to resident and non-resident companies doing business in Nigeria, West Africa and globally.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the 2022 Graduate Trainee Programme at Andersen.
Table of Contents
Graduate Trainee - Indirect Purchasing (External)
Our client in the Energy and Marine sector is looking to hire Graduate Trainee in Indirect purchasing. If you are looking for an exciting place to work, please take a look at the list of criteria below.
- SRM – Supplier evaluation of Tail end spend category in liaison with strategic purchasers.
- Investigate future demands with various internal and external resources by analyzing historical spending trends in SAP and PowerBI.
- Review and verify specifications and requirements as the basis for material planning or request for quotations in cooperation with engineering organizations.
- Innovation Savings study and ideating rollout within the region.
- Ownership of Performance indicators for assigned categories and countries.
- Work closely with Strategic Purchasers on short-term and long-term projects.
- Proactively work to enable cross-divisional, cross-organizational, and supplier cooperation.
- Maintain supply data to relevant systems in a defined area of responsibility.
- May negotiate, create, and maintain supply contracts with suppliers and/or improve supply performance and supplier relationships in a defined area of responsibility.
- The contract is available for 1 year.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 credits in one sitting. Mathematics and English Language are prerequisites.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Supply Chain, or any related field with a minimum of a Second-Class Upper.
- Applicant must be less than 28 years of age at the time of application.
- A minimum of 3 Months experience of work or internship in Supply Chain.
- Candidate must have completed the NYSC program.
- English Proficiency (French understanding as added advantage).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Teamwork, Negotiation, and Communication skills.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Value Chain and Customer Understanding.
- Sourcing and Supplier Process Knowledge.
- Situational and Cultural Sensitivity.
- Business and Customer Focus.
Manager, Accounting Advisory Services
- Assists clients in determining and documenting their accounting policies and position on relevant transactions.
- Must have good technical accounting research skills.
- Must be able to supervise team members.
- Provide periodic technical accounting training to clients.
- Coordinate clients’ external audit activities including responding to technical accounting issues.
- Provide accounting advisory support – including outsourced accounting and bookkeeping, streamlining financial close processes, finance operations transformation, IFRS/IPSAS conversion, and advising clients on how to deal with various technical accounting issues.
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies for the business unit and service lines.
- Identify prospective clients and take necessary steps to sell solutions to them.
- Prepare proposals to respond to clients’ business needs and RFPs
- Make presentations and or participate in conferences to support business development initiatives and meet prospective clients
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Keep abreast with IFRS pronouncements, international standards, and leading practices relating to financial reporting.
- Ensure effective monitoring of several advisory projects with tight deadlines
- Develop competence and expertise in key service areas, refine methodologies, and contribute to firm-wide practice development efforts
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, on-the-job development, performance, and retention of the Accounting Advisory team
- Supervise and provide regular performance feedback to Accounting Advisory staff working on assigned engagements
- Train and mentor junior staff and contribute to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team in a range of areas
- Reporting to the Engagement Partner
- Works closely with the engagement team lead, engagement team, and other managers in the unit
Qualifications and Requirements:
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven work experience in a Technical Accounting role.
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS principles and financial statements.
- Fair knowledge of listed entities filing requirements, experience highly preferred.
- Good knowledge of accounting in the Financial Services sector with specific knowledge of IFRS 9, IFRS 16, and IFRS 17.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Direct management of team resources; this will entail managing multiple engagement teams.
- Perform risk management procedures for onboarding clients and accepting engagements.
- Coordinate engagement execution to meet objectives and clients’ expectations
- Develop/review the project team’s work papers and deliverables (detailed reports to present procedures performed, analysis, findings, and recommendations) for quality assurance
- Facilitate internal and external technical training sessions.
- Manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead engagements.
- Strong sense of client services.
- Good presentation skills.
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Self-confident, able to think creatively, and a thirst for knowledge.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum of Second Class (Upper).
- A minimum of 5 O’ level credits including English Language and Mathematics at one sitting
- ICAN/ACCA/CFA and the ability to think creatively is necessary.
- A minimum of 6 years of working experience in accounting advisory experience at a senior level with a professional services/consulting firm.
Andersen is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Application Closes Oct 14, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking on the BUTTONS below.
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.