Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO), formerly Guaranty Trust Bank plc is a foremost Nigerian financial institution with vast business outlays spanning Anglophone West Africa and the United Kingdom.
The Bank presently has an Asset Base of over 2 Trillion Naira, shareholders funds of over 200 Billion Naira and employs over 10,000 people in Nigeria, Cote dIvoire, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and the United Kingdom.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job recruitment at Guaranty Trust Holding Company (GTCO).
- The Head of Risk has oversight of the risk management function to identify, measure, assess, and mitigate internal and external risks that may hinder the organization from achieving its strategic objectives.
- S/he will be responsible for providing hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit, and operational risk, ensuring controls are operating effectively, and providing research and analytical support as well as overseeing the communication of risk policies and processes for the organization
- Establish and quantify the organisation’s ‘risk appetite’ and ensure risk approach adheres accordingly
- Design, implement and lead a risk management strategy for the organisation in line with PENCOM risk management framework
- Oversee monitoring of macro-economic activities that may affect business activities, to proactively identify and assess the impact of risks inherent in business operations
- Supervise the risk identification and risk mitigation procedures in the organization
- Advocate and support the culture of informed risk-taking and heighten awareness and use of advanced risk management practices through training programs and coaching
- Participate in the review and recommendation of asset allocation, portfolio rebalancing and other investment functions
- Conduct stress tests on the organizations risk exposure
- Oversee the preparation and dissemination of risk analysis reports to relevant stakeholders including the risk committee, board members and group executives
- Work with Heads of Internal Audit and Compliance on issues requiring shared oversight of pension fund risks
- Lead and manage the organization’s team of dedicated risk professionals to maximise effectiveness.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Legal (Master’s Degree is an additional advantage)
- Minimum of ten (10) years verified professional experience in risk management with at least 4 years in managerial capacity in a PFA business.
- Local and international certifications in risk management, such as Certificate in Risk Management (CIRM)
- Strong understanding of development and trends in both international and African financial sectors, as well as regulations and trends in these markets
- Strong understanding of enterprise risk management concepts, frameworks to proactively identify risks inherent in business operations that can have negative strategic implications for the organization
- Strong knowledge of portfolio risk management techniques, e.g. key risk metrics for players in the financial markets, capital management, database management, risk analysis etc.
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.