United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEF offers a range of challenging and exciting opportunities across its key functional areas of work. We offer an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the role of Help Desk Assistant at UNICEF.
Table of Contents
National Individual Contractor - ICT Help Desk Assistant
- Under the direct supervision of the ICT Manager, the ICT Help Desk Assistant provides technical, operations and procedural support of all computer and related equipment and end-user services in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of information management, systems, procedures and activities of the office.
Scope of Work
- Provide first-level support remotely or in-person, including receiving requests, processing and logging and escalation when required.
- Works with SMEs or second-level support to identify correct procedures and solutions in a timely manner.
- Provide support for teleconference and/or video conference meetings
- Provide support for UNICEF ICT project rollouts and its implementation.
- Assist in the installation, configuration and/or troubleshooting of computer hardware (ie desktop/laptop computers, printers, video/tele-conferencing devices, digital scanners, photocopiers and related accessories.
- Assist in the installation of software (ie UNICEF Windows OS image and application software).
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of Secondary Education supplemented with formal training (at university level) in Computer Science, Business Administration or computer related certification (e.g., A+ certification, ITIL Foundation Certification or equivalent customer support certification).
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use standard office software, tools and technologies
- A minimum of five (5) years practical professional work experience in information technology, as well as systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on ICT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools.
- Practical experience with various computer platforms and applications: operating systems, email and database systems, Microsoft Office product suites, Help Desk software, advanced PC/laptop/printer installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repairs.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: November 15, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.