Management Sciences for Health (MSH) works shoulder-to-shoulder with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, sustainable health systems.
Our mission is to saves lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Jobs at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- The objective of the Human Resources (HR) Intern is to assist with recruitment, benefits and hiring actions.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring completion of employee’s documentation, HR administration and filing as well as documenting all performance actions and ensuring compliance with relevant company and labor practices, and ensuring up-to-date maintenance of personnel files as well as logistical support for the full cycle recruiting process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and manage staff recruitment by sending invitations, doing reference check, inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection for employment.
- Process and/or verify completeness and accuracy of all employment actions and personnel records and documentation such as employment agreements and offer letters for new staff, amendments, transfers and terminations.
- Maintain data for employment history, confirmation, promotions, transfers, salaries, and training.
- Documentation of certificates and follow-up on response from former employer and conducting reference checks of new staff and ensure that all documents in respect of new employees are received in good time to facilitate prompt confirmation of appointment.
- Document staff benefits such as health insurance and life/accident insurance plan
- Documentation of consultant agreement (s) and agreements as needed.
- Conduct terror check for consultant and new hire.
- Collect approved leave form and update the tracking sheet.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Administration or related field
- 1 year or less experience working in the human resources department of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and gain the trust and confidence of colleagues.
- Competences to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Ability to understand comprehensive information.
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyzes, and explains the official framework employment regulation.
- Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality and approachability.
_______________ More Opportunities
_______________ Article Continues Below
- The objective of the M&E Specialist position is to provide technical leadership at the state level.
- The position of State-based M&E Specialist will oversee all M&E activities for the program within the designated state and strengthening the facility records and data collection officers, ensuring quality and timeliness of data collection and reporting.
- S/he will provide technical oversight and guidance to strengthen state-level M&E systems, ensuring proper orientation, mentoring and quality supervision to state M&E staff and M&E units in the State Ministry of Health, Hospital Management Board and State Malaria Elimination Program.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Spearhead the roll-out of Global Fund Malaria M&E plan in line with Global Fund and national reporting requirements
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State GF Malaria project plan in collaboration with the country M&E lead and State M&E specialists
- Take lead in the implementation of GF Malaria state M&E plan and reporting formats for GF indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Country technical lead and team
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the GF central database and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of LGA and State M&E officers at SMoH, HMB, SMEP, health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Coordinate regular data quality assessments, undertaken in a participatory manner, with facility staff and ensure the completeness, consistency and validity of routine data.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation in the sites is of international standard and quality by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
- Build capacity of local partners including LGA and State M&E officers at SMoH, HMB, SMEP, others in project monitoring and with program staff and local partners, used program/project monitoring data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
- Provide technical support in evaluation research (including sampling strategies, analysis and presentation of data) to the local research groups working on the Secure the Future project.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams.
- Assist the Senior M&E manager to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with GF Malaria management to document and publish best practices
- Perform any other task to be assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics
- Minimum of 3 years hand-on monitoring & evaluation experience with international donor/NGO
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 3 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Malaria programs in Nigeria would be preferred
- Familiarity with Global Fund reporting systems highly desirable
- Good analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications(DHIS2, Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Tableau and Microsoft Power BI for data analysis, modeling, shaping and visualization)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills
- Supervision: Works independently and reports to the Senior Technical Manager, M&E
- Decision Making: Working within project strategy and policy guidelines, makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management
- Responsibility over assets: Overall responsibility assigned assets in the program.
- Ability to work independently
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Jobs at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)” should click the button below to apply.
Deadline: Not Specified
Have any questions? – Click HERE to let us know and we will be glad to help.