British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. . It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies. BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries.
Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at British American Tobacco
Reports to: EHS Operations Manager, WAA
Seniority Level: Junior Management
Geographic Scope: West – Central Africa (Operations & Commercial)
To act as a single point of contact for the ESG agenda within the WCA region and to drive the main initiatives & projects to deliver the groups ESG ambition.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- To manage the region’s WCA ESG agenda, acting as a SPOC and supporting the EH&S team in ensuring all the initiatives & projects are delivered OTIF
- To guarantee all the initiatives & journey maps are aligned with the glidepaths
- Support Capex demand, alignment, and prioritization
- External certifications management
- Manage the collection of best practices and reapplication plan
- To support the creation and/or validation & deployment of new standards
- Support capability building process within the region WCA.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with NYSC Completed
- Experience in EHS and engineering background will be an added advantage
- Understanding of energy efficiency, green energy, on-site generation, energy planning, ISO 500001 energy management, PAS 2060 carbon neutrality certification, offsetting, iRecs’s, REC’s & PPA, internal carbon pricing and marginal abatement curve
- Understand key environmental internal reporting metrics (scope 1,2&3, water, waste)
- Understands decarbonization opportunities in field force (e.g., hybrid/electrical vehicles sourcing, use of telematics for fuel saving, eco-driving training)
- Water and Waste management, loss mapping and analysis
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience
- NEBOSH Certification in environment will be an added advantage
- Ability to engage stakeholders, as well as people from different backgrounds
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration and influencing skills
- Previous team management experience would be an added advantage.
Competitive Salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job at British American Tobacco” should click the APPLY HERE button below.