The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body
The British Council is committed to supporting all staff to make sure their behavior is consistent with this commitment. We create a friendly environment for our staff and high incentive.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at British Council
- The Contracts Officer will work in conjunction with the Operation Managers to manage the substantive life-cycle of multiple consultancy contracts, and ensure the necessary contracts tracking systems to manage a large number of contracts and grants (i.e. consultancy firms, civil society organisations, vendors and other partners)
- Based on the Client requirement and in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written (essential)
- Graduate level education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with an international organisation as a contract officer or in a similar role
- Experience in contract preparation and management
- Experience managing people
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
Role Specific Skills:
- Procurement and contracts management
- Customer services
- People management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience of work in a Full Cost Recovery (FCR) project/client funded work environment
- Knowledge of FCR contracts and contracting environment
- Knowledge of contract law
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context.
N6,154,368 per annum.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job at British Council” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application.
- The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Deadline: April 11, 2022
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.