DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies. Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries-delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the vacant job at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI).
The primary objective of the Data Science Specialist is to extract data from multiple sources, using machine learning tools to organize, process, clean, validate and analyze the data for information purposes. In addition; The position will report to the Program Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide balanced analytical research by turning raw data into valuable insights that help to drive actions and strategies.
- Interprets and analyses data from multiple sources to develop imaginative solutions to problems.
- Conduct analyses, formulate insights, and summarize and synthesize findings for presentation to the line of business management.
- Develop timely, innovative, and objective analysis, which leads to fact-based solutions for strategic business issues.
- Maintain an understanding of general business trends and requirements support area, and understand the link between analysis and project impact.
- Hands-on experience in planning, developing and managing predictive and prescriptive analytics projects/solutions.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data-gathering techniques
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, statistics or a related field.
- 4-6 years of working experience as a data scientist or business data analyst.
- Experience working in Francophone Countries is required.
- Maintain knowledge in statistics, mathematics and/or comparable quantitative area of expertise
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Proficient in office automation tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English language is required. Knowledge of the French language is required.
- Experience working in Francophone countries is compulsory.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: January 15, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.