Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We strive to maintain a work environment where everyone can apply and develop skills and talents consistent with our values and business objectives. This applies to every employee, regardless of location, gender, ethnicity and physical abilities.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting to fill the positions below. All Interested candidates are advised to go through the vacant positions carefully and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
- The role is expected to provide leadership in identifying and implementing third-party trading opportunities together with optimisation of Group value at the upstream/downstream (trading) interface in Nigeria. Third party includes both government and private sector opportunities.
- The incumbent will play an active role in upstream re-structuring developments that have a cross-business impact and will act as the in situ commercial interface between upstream and trading/downstream in the region.
- To sustain and grow Crude Trading business in Nigeria, by originating, structuring and closing out crude oil Business Development projects, the individual is expected to have proven high capacity, commercial mind set, sound understanding of trading, related upstream O&G and structured financing apart from excellent interpersonal skills.
More Specific Responsibilities
- Develop a sound understanding of all upstream commercial and fiscal issues in the region that impact integrated Group value for crude oil and gas entitlements.
- Represent Upstream and Downstream businesses in government and industry discussions/negotiations that impact on hydrocarbon value.
- Together with Trading Desks colleagues, identify and support execution of third-party value added trading opportunities that complement Upstream strengths.
- Jointly with the Structured Finance team, manage relationships with banks and credit institutions to monitor the debt financing provided by Shell Trading to local producers and further support projects requiring financing and/or de-risking existing debt in the market.
- Represent the Upstream/Downstream interface in regional Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) initiatives.
- Fulfill local reporting role for Downstream/Trading staff in Nigeria and perform mentoring/development support.
- Manage and ‘develop-new’ sustainable relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Create innovative solutions to meet customer requirements whilst maximising the value of tradable options and taking due account of all risks including credit, price risk, HSSE and Group reputation.
- Project manage identified development opportunities and lead project teams driving for efficient and successful delivery.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- We’re looking for high capacity individuals looking to enter the core trading arena.
- Knowledge of upstream commercial drivers, refinery economics and structured financing along with a sound understanding of the trading business is desirable.
- Experience in trading and/or financing is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to forge and maintain relations with internal business units, government entities and private producing and marketing companies alike.
We also hope your CV will show as many of the following as possible:
- Strong evidence of high level of intelligence, commercial acumen, consistent delivery, able to grasp new concepts very quickly and highly numerate.
- Relevant Business Development experience along with proven ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and to use this to sell ideas to customers.
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities.
- Ability to challenge the status quo hunger for getting deals done and generating value.
- Go-getter who has fire in the belly and will turn over every rock.
- High sense of ownership and accountability for the deal process.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 070624212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.