US Embassy – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job at the US Embassy.
Table of Contents
- Incumbent serves as the Office Manager for the Public Affairs Section (PAS) and special assistant to the Country Public Affairs Officer at the U.S. Embassy in Abuja.
- S/he is the primary liaison with the Management Section of the Embassy, coordinates with Public Affairs Section administrative staff of Foreign Service Nationals and manages day-to-day administrative operations of the PAS Office.
- S/he also coordinates with USAID and other U.S. Mission Agencies to develop briefing documents for a broad audience.
- The incumbent also prepares memos, cables, and other documents as required.
- Additionally, s/he maintains PAS Calendar and scheduling of PAS conference room via SharePoint site.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Completion High School Diploma is required.
- One year experience in office management is require.
- Knowledge of political, economic, and social structure of the country, as well as familiarity with public diplomacy objectives, techniques and programs is required.
- Understanding of U.S foreign policy, U.S.-Nigeria relations and Mission Strategic Performance (MSP) goals and objectives is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace that involves interaction with the general public is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
This may be tested. Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in language listed.
Level IV (Fluent) speaking / reading / writing English is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $38,894 Annually.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: August 25, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.