Cadbury is a British multinational confectionery company owned by MondelÄ“z International. It is the second largest confectionery brand in the world after Wrigley’s (which was acquired by Mars, Inc. in 2008, making Mars the world’s largest confectionery company).
Cadbury is best known for its confectionery products including the Dairy Milk chocolate, the Creme Egg, and the Roses selection box. Cadbury was established in Birmingham, England in 1824, by John Cadbury who sold tea, coffee and drinking chocolate.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Opening at Cadbury Nigeria Plc
Senior Analyst - Account & Ext. Reporting
- Under broad supervision, you will reconcile and adjust general ledger accounts and/or bank statements.
- You may also perform moderately complex analyses of performance results.
- In addition, you will compile, consolidate, and analyze accounting and finance information for financial statements and reports and perform other special projects as assigned.
How You Will Contribute
- Support accounting and external reporting activities including accurate and timely U.S. GAAP reporting and timeliness and integrity of statutory financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, KPIs, fixed assets, restructuring and intercompany charges. As required, you will support activities performed by Mondelēz International Business Services/third-party service providers during month/quarter /year-end close, statistical reporting and statutory audit
- Contribute to strong controls and compliance environment and comply with Mondelēz International’s AER policies. Support audit activities and provide information on auditors’ request
- Perform moderately complex analysis of performance results as requested
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. You will also identify ways of working in your area of responsibility
- Contribute to a high-performing Accounting and External Reporting (AER) team. Invest in personal development and contribute to the overall development of peers and the AER team
What you Need to Know About this Position
- The position coordinates and manages financial reporting activities and US GAAP reporting during month-end close processes for the business in West Africa (Nigeria & Ghana). This entails working with our Mondelēz International Business Services organization to drive accurate preparation and timely reporting and to ensure proper reconciliations for all accounts in the market.
- In this role, you will foster a strong connection with the regional team and when appropriate, with the corporate controlling team to ensure full compliance with Mondelēz International’s Accounting and External Reporting (AER) policies and to ensure that we are adopting U.S. GAAP accounting standards in a timely manner.
- You will also ensure that we comply with all local accounting standards, see to the timely filing of financial statements and of indirect tax returns/payments (e.g. VAT, WHT, PAYE e.t.c.) for our Ghana Entity.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Must be a member of ICAN, ACCA or its equivalent.
- 4- 6 years of experience in statutory/ GAAP accounting / preferably in international business environment of a publicly listed entity
Job Specific Requirements:
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP / International Accounting Standards (for GAAP) Proficiency in MS office and SAP.
- Experience of working in a multicultural teams and environment.
- Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals.
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
- Problem solving: Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in dynamic environment.
What You Will Bring:
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- Technical Expertise in accounting and external reporting including understanding U.S. GAAP, IFRS or local GAAP, close processes and financial reporting systems (SAP experience preferred). Knowledge in policy, controls and compliance design including SOX reporting
- Business Acumen and experience working in FMCG/CPG Industry or Big Four accounting preferred
- Leadership Skills including proven business partnering and communication skills. Experience working as a finance leader managing cross-functional and business partner teams to drive timely and accurate results
- Growth/Digital Mindset and the ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and financial system knowledge
- Integrity and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values, policies and external regulations
- No Relocation support available.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Opening at Cadbury Nigeria Plc” should click the APPLY HERE button below.