Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion, and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies that are leaders in their market.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job opening at Oando Nigeria Plc.
Table of Contents
Well Engineer II - Completions Oando
- Support the well engineering and well operations teams medium to long term drilling and completions plans. Assist Drilling & Well Operations to achieve safe and cost-effective operations and ensure best engineering design and practices are deployed.
- Prepare and reviews KPIs and Performance Indices for Drilling Completions & Well Activities.
Mentors well engineer 1 and Interns.
Well engineer 1, Interns
- 3-5 years cognate work experience as a drilling engineer, completions or workover engineer
- 1st degree in relevant Engineering
- Good knowledge well planning/design, drilling engineering/operations, completion engineering, well interventions and well integrity.
- Possesses good technical knowledge of relevant drilling and completions engineering software tools e.g. Landmark
- Good knowledge of wells data/document management application e.g Wellview
- Knowledge of Data Analysis Tools & Methods is advantageous
- Good problem-solving, communication and writing skills, with PC fluency
- Excellent proficiency in English language, both in speech and in writing.
Scope of Responsibility & Accountability:
- Performs duties in line with guidelines in OER’s WE&S Standard Operating Procedures
- Accountable for all HSE compliance in the field
- Responsible for all daily report of field activities
Major Responsibility Area:
- Assist in preliminary drilling and completion design .
- Assist in developing well Afe and drilling and completion schedule
- Assist in Monitoring, documenting and analyzing operational NPT (Non- Productive Time) trend on all operations
- Assist in Compilation of end of well report
- Assist with the tender document preparation and evaluations for service and equipment contracts
- Prepare daily drilling and completions report and KPI’s tracker
- Document management for drilling and completions data and well files
- Works as a wellsite engineer for drilling and completion operations
- Assist in developing completion schematics and tubing tallies.
- Support SDE on day to day tracking and reporting of completions operations,
- Support SDE in preparing end of well documents
- Cash calls and performance reviewer for drilling and completions budget and work program.
- Comply with Policies, standards and procedures, use approved IT tools in developing final design and drilling program
- Identify and implement ideas to improve performance by repeating best composite well times, reducing NPT, using of new techniques/technologies and modifying procedures.
- Participates to CWOP and risk assessment sessions for completion and workover operations.
- Understand the Company health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility, and ensure that they are effectively implemented in his domain.
- Participate in contracting processes
- Support other departments as necessary
Qualifications and Requirements:
- General Petroleum Engineering concepts
- General Geology concepts
- Well design
- Completion design
- Drilling and completion Fluids
- Drilling flow systems
- Drilling equipment
- Casing Design
- Drilling Bits
- Formation Evaluation
- Well Control
- Workover and recompletions
- Wellhead Equipment
- Plug & Abandonment
- Well Completions operation
- Artificial lift
Basic to Foundation level of Competency required
Key Performance Indicators:
- Time/ ft
- No of wells participated in on the field per year.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Jobs Region Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: Jobs Region
- Twitter: @jobsregion
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @jobsregion
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (Jobs Region Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.