Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We strive to maintain a work environment where everyone can apply and develop skills and talents consistent with our values and business objectives. This applies to every employee, regardless of location, gender, ethnicity, and physical abilities.
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting to fill the position below. All Interested candidates are advised to go through the job opening at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Table of Contents
IT PCD Engineer
The Process Control Domain (PCD) Engineer is an operations technology security role that assures and manages end to end information and cyber security of all operations technology (PCD) systems used in the production operations of Shell Petroleum Development Company LTD (SPDC).
This role co-ordinates a team of IT infrastructure engineers and technicians that specializes in end-point security and secure network communications of computers that directly or indirectly support safe and reliable production in Shell Upstream Operated Units in Nigeria. This requires close coordination with Production Operations and Engineering disciplines to sustain & assure Operations Technology (PCD) Security controls effectiveness, aiming to prevent impact to Shell’s Production Systems Integrity.
Key success factor for this role depends on tactical relationship management with stakeholders who are accountable for Operations Technology (PCD)/ IT Security controls, a good understanding of drivers for business risk appetite, and a skilled level understanding of the IT, Operations Technology (OT) and cyber security technologies.
What is the Role?
This Role will work in conjunction with the IT Operations Manager (PCD) and other operations technology security stakeholders to provide services as listed below:
- Ensure the Safe, Secure, and Steady and Reliable of Operations Technology system in production operations for SPDC facilities in Nigeria via sustained Operations Technology (PCD)/IT Controls effectiveness and preventing impact to asset integrity.
- Manage and evergreen the Nigeria Operations technology(PCD) Assist Desk.
- Ensure 1st Line Support and request management, remote access management and operations technology firewall device management, Central Anti-Virus (end-point security) server & Operating system vulnerability patch deployment management.
- Co-ordinate Logistics and Scheduling and Maintenance Planning for Control Systems IT Support personnel.
- Supervise and Co-ordinate Core Control Systems activities for SPDC Operations technology (PCD) security activities including Backup & Disaster recovery, remote access requests and management, end-point protection for hosts, implementation of configuration changes for hosts and network, inventory management
- Carry out deviation management and risk assessment for all facilities within the SPDC Operations technology (PCD) space.
- Carry out Operations technology(PCD) Security assurance and assessments – physical security, backup and disaster recovery, remote access, Antivirus and Operating system patches.
- Engage with business stakeholders to determine business demand, understanding challenges facing the business as well as business feedback on services.
- Liaising with Technical Authority for production operations towards ensuring compliance of IT Security within the Operations technology (PCD) Security .
- Drive and ensure the implementation of Incident Response and Management strategies for operations technology landscape systems
- Embed Think Secure practices and raise Operations technology (PCD) and IT Security awareness of staff working in or interacting with the Operations Technology.
- Provide consultancy to projects impacting Operations technology (PCD) landscape to ensure the solutions comply with the Operations technology (PCD) Security policies.
- Ensure that maturity and compliance are assessed and transparent prior to handover to asset operations. Job tasks require a broad skill base in Telecoms, IT/Cyber Security and IT systems to effectively manage the variety of technologies and services.
- Ensure the team complies with business controls for managing and applying changes in the Operations technology (PCD) landscape.
- Ensure that Supportability & Transition is effective for IT- or business-led projects that deliver into the Operations technology (PCD) landscape.
- Monitor the quality of IT infrastructure services supporting Operations technology (PCD) landscape (e.g., WAN, Routers, firewalls, programmable logic controllers, Microsoft systems, etc.) and ensure changes to those services do not impact operations without prior notification and approval.
- Manage user access to supported operations technology systems.
- Participate in firewall rule reviews with the team members to ensure it is aligned with business requirements and have been risk-assessed appropriately.
- Participate with the team members on the assurance activities of Operations technology (PCD) Security controls implemented on-site – supporting both 1st Line of Defense (LoD-1) and 2nd Line of Defense (LoD-2) processes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- With minimum 5-10 years’ experience in IT business analysis, IT security, IT service delivery and IT infrastructure support. The last three years must be managing operations technology security; Experience in an Oil and Gas industry is preferred.
- Minimum Education or Certification: University degree in Electrical, Electronics, Communications Engineering or Applied Sciences (if further degree in Electronics or Communications Engineering),
- Multiple years of experience in support/administration of IT infrastructure services. Completed Training or Certifications in cybersecurity industry certification such as GICSP or ISC2 CISSP
- Certifications in networking, Systems administration and IT service Management such as CCNP (enterprise or security), MCSA, SC100, ITILV4 are other mandatory requirements
- Relevant exposure to Process Automation and Controls Optimization disciplines.
- Good knowledge of Control Systems, IT networks, and IT security
- A strong understanding of Shell’s industrial/IT security standards (DEPs, NIST 800-82, OneITCF)
- Significant understanding of the Upstream business and Joint Venture concept
- Experience with IT and Business Risk Management
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, suitable for diverse cultures and levels in Production and IT
- Ability to manage relations with peers and senior managers effectively in various organizations.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.