United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEF offers a range of challenging and exciting opportunities across its key functional areas of work. We offer an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the Job Opening Vacancies at UNICEF.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria. See other Jobs in Abuja
- Join this Group to receive Job Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Are you an Employer? Click HERE to Post A Job
- In this role, under the supervision of the Deputy Representative Operations, the Operations Specialist will be responsible for strengthening risk assurance and compliance efforts in the context of a large/medium/small scale country office.
- You will also be responsible for providing complementary expertise, support, and monitoring related to the management of risk, including but not limited to the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of risk management practices at a process, systems, and entity level.
- In addition to this, the successful candidate will ensure the achievement of risk management objectives follows organizational rules and regulations, and acceptable ethical behavior; internal control; information and technology security; sustainability; and quality assurance.
- Moreover, he/she will provide analysis and reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and internal control.
- Risk management support: Provide guidance and support the office in the annual risk assessment process and monitor the reliability of reports and their compliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Compliance support: Review the office systems, procedures, and processes for compliance with organizational rules and regulations and Enforce and strengthen internal controls
- Fraud risk Management support: Support the management of the office in collecting evidence to respond to OIAI’s queries when initially assessing allegations of fraud and misconduct or during actual investigations
- Oversight and advisory to the Management: Advise the management on actions to be taken to enforce and strengthen accountabilities for a robust, responsive, and transparent governance framework
- Create awareness/capacity building: Establish a system to document and report weaknesses in internal control and implement actions aimed at addressing internal controls gaps.
- Any support needed from the regional office: On request, support the Regional Office in conducting reviews exercises in countries where Risk and Compliance positions are not established.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Prompt Job Alert on WhatsApp
Qualifications and Requirements:
To qualify as an advocate for Every Child, You will have:
- An Advanced University Degree in Business Administration and Financial Management. Operations Management, Strategic Management, Risk Management, Audit, Investigation, Internal Control, Statistics and Data Analysis or Accounting certifications are considered as assets.
- At least 8 (eight) years of continuous professional work experience in Internal Audit, Internal Control, Risk and Compliance or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit. Experience in financial management, particularly developing and implementing financial control systems, ERM, audits, internal control preferably with international organizations, NGOs, and the UN.
- Field experience /familiarity with the Emergency context
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered an asset.
- Builds and maintains partnerships – Level 2
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness- Level 2
- Drive to achieve results for impact – Level 2
- Innovates and embraces change – Level 2
- Manages ambiguity and complexity – Level 2
- Thinks and acts strategically – Level 2
- Works collaboratively with others – Level 2
- Nurtures, leads, and manages people – Level 2
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Emotional Intelligence.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should Apply by Clicking the Button below.
Deadline: December 9, 2022
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.