Citibank Nigeria Limited – Is the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
A career with us means joining a family of more than 200,000 dedicated people from around the globe. At Citi, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and make a real impact.
To complete their workforce, Citibank is currently recruiting for the POSITIONS BELOW:
You’re the brains behind our work.
- Citi’s Europe, Middle East and Africa regional business is looking for full-time Analysts to join the team in various locations across the region.
- The EM Analyst Program begins in July with a 4-week training program. Formal training begins with an orientation and induction sessions providing an overview of Citi, followed by classroom training sessions. Analysts have the opportunity to meet representatives from the teams that make up the both banking and operational divisions within Citi. The classroom training program are followed by 4 x 3-month rotations across various functions of Citi.
Your time here will look something like this…
- The jobs that you will do and the responsibilities that you will be given will be as varied as your rotations. Below are some examples of the tasks the Analyst may be performing during their rotations.
- These are only examples – you will also often find yourself working on unique projects and process improvements.
- Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers.
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance
- Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
- Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the region.
- Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach.
- Prepare and analyze financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans.
- Develop a good understanding and appreciation of the operations processes. Understand the functions carried out within the subunits of operations.
- Understand workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various products. Accurately evaluate risks as they relate to key business objectives. Assess the effectiveness of key controls.
- Develop an understanding of the impact of regulatory and financial impacts on the organization.
- We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
- During your 4-week training program you will receive an in-depth education on a variety of topics to learn the fundamentals of the analyst role and introduce you to Citi’s culture. We are open to your degree background as we will provide you the training you require to excel.
- By the end of the program, Analysts will have the opportunity to take advantage of internal mobility opportunities and grown their corporate career.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- You have completed your university degree or will complete it prior to June 2022
- You have a minimum grade of 2:1, a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent in any degree discipline
- You are fluent in English
- You have less than 3 years of work experience
- You must have completed one year of National Service (if applicable, please upload your NYSC certificate)
- Attach your updated CV, full academic transcript and ID or passport copy.
Who we think will be a great fit…
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business is vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you.
We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape is a plus, but not required
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
If you meet the criteria above, we encourage you to apply promptly as the program will start in June 2022.
Head of Audit - General Manager
The Head Audit – Nigeria is responsible for performing audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to apply in-depth disciplinary knowledge through value-added perspectives or advisory services to help Citi reach business goals.
This role will be responsible for:
- Execution of Country Audit assurance plan in line with Citi IA methodology by understanding regulatory landscape and key risks related to Citi franchise, overseeing and reviewing work completed by other team members and identifying opportunities for enhancing efficiency and quality of delivery.
- Delivering on time high quality Audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Leading, providing supervision and developing medium-sized team of auditors within the cluster to ensure quality audit and regulatory delivery.
- Representing Citi IA function in discussions with regulators within the cluster and delivering regulatory commitments.
- Partnering with the IA product and functional teams to ensure alignment and focus on critical priorities and oversee strategic coordination; including monitoring progress and tracking actions in achieving stated critical priorities and ensuring effective communication and information flow across team leads.
- Working with IA Quality Assurance (QA) team to address any QA findings, regulatory issues against IA etc.
- Working with IA Management Information (MI) team to analyse audit data in audit systems from a regional perspective; ensuring corrections are made, as required, and following up to ensure errors detected are sustainably addressed.
- Appropriately assessing risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Maintaining an appropriate, pro-active, constructive, solutions-driven relationship as the independent auditor with the Chief Country Officer (CCO); and support the CCO in the fulfilment of their responsibilities in respect of governance, risk management and internal control.
- Ensuring the Audit Committee, CCO and in-country Management receives prompt, timely and complete information relating to the activities of Internal Audit as part of governance forums and regular updates.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Knowledge, experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 15 years of experience (with at least 12 years in banking) with at least 2 years at Deputy General Manager/VP grade level
- Minimum of 5 years must have been in a senior position within the audit function
- Minimum of 1st degree. BA/BS or equivalent.
- Higher degree or related certifications (ACCA, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA, CISA, CAMS or similar) is mandatory
- Experience in at least 3 major areas of banking
- Experience in working with global teams and dealing with integrated internal audit and assurance delivery. Good understanding of banking sector.
- Prior experience of conducting risk-based audits and presenting results to management. Experience in managing regulatory relationships and presenting insights into governance committees are a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of risk issue management criteria, tools, and methods.
- Understanding of how risks and control deficiencies need to be prioritized and remediated across the first and second line of defense.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal; ability to digest vast amounts of information and be able to succinctly present messages.
- Good numerical and analytical skills. Ability to deal with data and derive insights. Advanced skills with Excel. Demonstrating a high level of analytical rigor in formulating objectives and measuring results. Operating with passion and real drive when pursuing goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels within the organization and beyond, including senior management and regulators. Effective influencing skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues/requests.
- Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with independence of thought.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and to facilitate the overall growth of the franchise. Self-motivated and goal-oriented. Sense of urgency in implementing programs and evaluating priorities; decisive, action-oriented and practical. Willing to challenge and question the status quo, making recommendations for options and best solutions. Critical thinking is a key requirement of the role, as themes related to risks and issues around the organization will be identified and presented to key stakeholders, such as senior management, the Audit Committee, Board, regulators and external audit functions.
- Effective leader, being able to manage and develop auditors with different experience and background, building a culture of trust, support and accountability.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
iR Job Alert
Method of Application
Deadline: Not Specified
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 070624212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.