Cam is a Nigerian dairy company that aggregates raw milk from settled pastoralist communities and processes it into nutritious dairy products.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Opportunities at Câm Dairy
In this role, you will work closely with the CEO to build out this new function and eventually report to the Supply Chain Operations lead when the role is filled. You are responsible for planning, organising and managing the storage and distribution of products, which includes transportation, warehousing and inventory management. You make sure that the right products are delivered to the right location at an optimal cost. Understanding Câm’s supply chain is important as it allows you to coordinate effectively with our Field, Factory, and Sales & Marketing teams.
- Use technology tools and software to manage quality, stock levels, delivery journeys and times and transport costs
- Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- Track metrics and use data analyse performance and plan improvements
- Hire and manage team members to support new team and growth
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Increase efficiency by analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Understand and work with Field Operations, Factory Operations and Sales & Marketing teams
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of laws and regulations (federal and state levels), fuel costs and environmental impact
- Implement health and safety procedures
- Supervise, coach and train all team members
- Motivate members of the team
- Set objectives
- Plan and manage projects
- Work on new supply chain strategies with multi-functional teams
- Map and plan vehicle routes and coordinate drivers, vehicles, loads and journeys
- Manage procurement of vehicles and temperature-controlled logistics technologies
Skills & Attributes:
- You are a multifunctional, results-driven leader, manager, collaborator, and culture builder – able to identify, take advantage of and build on the right opportunities.
- You have the ability to synthesiSe knowledge, trends, dynamics, and best practices from a range of geographies and industries, and use these to create systems and processes that enable the organisation to capture growth opportunities and become more competitive and profitable.
- You have excellent analytical skills and use data-driven decision-making to ensure successful performance.
- You drive new initiatives, embrace and push for change, and are not afraid to try something new.
- You are a facilitator, you listen intently, resolve conflicts effectively, integrate feedback and create an environment where everyone feels comfortable to speak up and develop ideas together.
- You learn quickly, can operate with high autonomy, and are willing to make a deep and focused commitment to growing the business.
- You are Ready to Get Stuff Done (GSD) at a high level. If something’s not happening fast enough, your gut instinct should be to pick up the phone, pound on doors, take a road trip or jump on flights, and relentlessly pursue your goal until it’s done.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years experience in a related field
- Familiarity with all aspects of logistics and distribution operations, including inventory management, supply chain operations, warehousing and transportation
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytic, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing dispersed teams
- Project management qualification is a strong advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and collaborative tools such as GSuite and Slack
- Languages: Fluency in English
Reporting lines: The Logistics & Distribution Lead will report to the CEO and Supply Chain Operations Lead
This is a great opportunity to lead and drive Câm’s production team members and activities. You will be responsible for supervising all production and process activities from raw material reception to finished product release. You will supervise and ensure the consistent production, quality and storage of products that at minimum meet customer and regulatory requirements on time and to specification, in a safe and efficient manner to the company’s specified service and cost objectives. You are responsible for making sure employees are safely and properly performing their duties to ensure food safety and quality of products manufactured at the facility.
- Coordinate processing and production activities
- Know and understand all equipment in the factory from staging, consuming and processing materials to packaging and storage.
- Understand product and process specifications and be able to identify, execute and communicate all aspects where required
- Create and implement daily production plans by scheduling and assigning personnel and resources; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on production documentation and shift production summaries
- Maintain workflow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing standard operating and reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points
- Perform all work in accordance with company standards and established safety procedures
- Involvement in the hiring and training of new employees and referring employees for promotions
- Resolving personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures
- Identify training opportunities and needs within the production operations team.
- Participate in the development of training programs and curriculum with relevant cross-functional teams.
- Ensure employees are following GMPs, keeping their area clean at all times
- Train team members in their various jobs in a way that promotes safety, a “zero harm” work environment, quality, and productivity
- Ensure that the production team is engaged, motivated and has regular welfare, mentoring and performance evaluations
- Enforce GMPs, champion HACCP, and support compliance with food safety programs and regulatory requirements.
- Isolate any products that do not meet the established quality standards or may cause a food safety hazard
- Ensure the safe receipt, storage, retrieval, warehouse control, and timely processing of raw materials, products and orders
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes and identify solutions; recommend courses of action
- Lead team meetings and cross functional workshops
- Provide manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answer questions and respond to requests
- Have an understanding of basic maintenance and downtime causes
- Act in partnership with cross-functional teams, with the ability to identify personnel and teams to effectively address issues
- Ensure key performance indicators are met
- Monitor excess wastage and make sure this is controlled and reduced
- Improve the process and production operations through detailed data collection and analysis, root cause analysis, continuous performance reviews and implementation of ideas to save costs
- Lead root cause analysis of all issues and incidents that happen on shift, report on cause of deviation and indicating and/or take corrective actions
- Audit the use of SOP’s on a continuous basis
- Promote and maintain effective communication within the team
- Report near miss incidents/accidents
- Promote a culture of health and safety as well as continuous improvement
- Initiate and foster a spirit of collaboration within and between teams
Skills and Attributes:
- Passion for food development
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills
- High degree of integrity
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Excellent people management skills
- Superb problem solving skills – ability to anticipate problems and be proactive with regards to solving them
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform with a high level of professionalism
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Motivated and energised by challenges and opportunities to address them
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to prioritise and delegate tasks efficiently
Qualification and Requirement:
- 5+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment (previous experience in a food, drink or pharmaceutical production/processing facility preferred)
- 3+ years managing teams of people in a production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience in process development
- Experience in equipment maintenance
- Knowledge of GMPs, HACCP, and other food safety and prerequisite programs including allergen control, food defense, product release, preventative maintenance, approved supplier, environmental sampling, cleaning and sanitation and pest control
- Food safety certification is a plus (e.g. HACCP, GMPs, SQF, ISO 22000)
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office tools e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Navision.
- Fluent in English
Reporting lines: The Production Lead reports to the Factory Manager and the CEO.
Responsible for maintaining components of the Food Safety Management System by establishing, maintaining, and coaching the building blocks of hygiene and food safety concepts within the factory.
- Define, implement, and verify the effectiveness of the prerequisite programmes related to Hygiene; including, but not limited to, Zoning; Pest Control; Cleaning Validation & Verification; Pathogen Monitoring; Foreign Body prevention; Hygiene & Housekeeping.
- Support Production teams in ensuring GMP standards are adhered to. Own the site’s GMP improvement list and prioritise the areas in which the GMP budget will be spent.
- Support engineering projects by conducting risk assessments and providing advice about cleanability, hygienic design, and site standards on equipment design and plant layout.
- Support the Maintenance and Industrial Services teams and service providers by providing technical support for programs such as contamination risks from maintenance activities; closed water loop compliance etc.
- Participate in the factory’s internal audit programme. Lead GMP audit completion.
- Participation in HACCP reviews
- Ensure the performance of structured root cause analysis after incidents related to hygiene failures have occurred.
- Own and deliver training related to housekeeping and hygiene, as required.
Skills & Attributes
- Strong relationship building skills
- Persuasive, and encouraging communication style that enables others to embrace continuous improvement mentality
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge/understanding of LEAN/Six Sigma, Pests and Pest Control will be highly beneficial and advantageous for this role.
Qualification and Requirement:
- Tertiary qualification in Food Sciences / Microbiology or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role in the food manufacturing environment.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, Outlook and SAP).
- Have excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and a proven capacity to influence and negotiate to drive high standards of quality
Reporting lines: Reports to the Factory Manager and the CEO.
Senior Laboratory Technician
We are looking for a motivated scientist with a passion for food and manufacturing and cutting-edge science and technology. The ideal candidate is an individual with dogged attention to detail, processes, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Receive, sample and test all incoming raw materials, in-process and finished products.
- Provide accurate reports and test findings to appropriate team members and departments in a timely manner and advise on corrective actions or adjustments if any.
- Record all test data and analysis on appropriate log sheets, then enter the data in the approved QA database.
- Work with the junior laboratory technician to ensure the maintenance of a clean, orderly and safe workplace.
- Conduct lab equipment calibrations.
- Properly set up, operate and run all of the laboratory equipment.
- Provide technical support to customers, process and other relevant team members.
- Collaborate with other team members in the development of the factory’s SOPs and be the documents’ custodian.
- Assist Factory Manager in research and development of new products to meet customer demand
Quality Control Duties:
- Ensure compliance with Câm safety policies by all production team members, contractors and visitors at all times.
- Assure that raw materials and products meet or exceed standards set by the company, state and federal government agencies as well as other relevant regulatory bodies including the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).
- Ensure finished products are sampled, tested and meet specifications before release to customers.
- Work with regulatory inspectors, auditors, customer representatives and other relevant stakeholders as required.
- Monitor and report on laboratory inventories. Replenish chemicals, lab equipment and tools as needed with Factory Manager authorisation.
- Assist with other duties deemed necessary by the Factory Manager.
Qualification and Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology or Chemistry.
- Candidate must be IPAN (Institute of Public Analyst of Nigeria) certified
- Minimum of 3 years laboratory experience preferably in food/pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Knowledge in handling chemicals, titration chemistry, plating methods and basic mathematics.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Advanced knowledge in laboratory instrumentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge/training in food safety programs, microbiological and sanitation concepts
Candidates skills & attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can learn quickly and work independently.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Keen observer and monitor of scientific trends and new technologies in food and manufacturing.
- Analytic mind with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse, team-based environment.
- Ability to firmly adhere to values and ethics of Câm.
- Consistent and excellent attention to detail.
- Extremely organised with an ability to prioritise, multitask and meet tight deadlines.
Reporting lines: The Senior Lab Technician reports to the Factory Manager
Explore More Opportunities
- Federal Government Graduate Internship Programme 2021
- Nigerian Army Reference Hospital Yaba Graduate Internship Recruitment
- Latest Recruitment at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Egbin Power Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Sterling Bank is Recruiting
- 2021 Graduate Intern at Chicken Republic
- First Bank is Recruiting
- Dangote Group is Recruiting
- Job Openings at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- 44 Nigerian Army Reference Hospital Kaduna Graduate Internship Recruitment
- READ: HOW TO A GET A JOB IN 2021 (A COMPLETE GUIDE)
Câm is seeking to hire an experienced dairy Factory Manager looking for a new challenge and opportunity to manage a brand-new dairy facility. We are looking for an energetic individual who enjoys problem-solving and developing innovative solutions to challenges peculiar to our local environment. At Câm, you will experience an exciting, fast-paced, demanding early-stage environment where you will impact the lives of hundreds of pastoralists and contribute to the development of the local dairy sector. Our ambition is to create a modern and profitable industry in Nigeria and we are looking for partners to help us get there! The Factory Manager will be responsible for managing and growing an existing small team and preparing a new factory to launch operations for the production and packaging of pasteurised milk as well as Greek-style yoghurt. He/she will be responsible and accountable for all aspects of factory operations and performance. He/she will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner consistent with global food safety and quality standards. A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, be ready to roll up his/her sleeves and solve problems under pressure. He/she should be looking to take on greater responsibility in their career and have a growth mindset that will be channelled towards product innovation, sustainable packaging and rapid growth.
- Compile and manage production plans according to company production targets
- Create an annual budget for factory operations to meet company production and performance targets
- Manage daily factory and laboratory operations
- Compile monthly reports on budget adherence
- Minimise input, packaging and finished product waste to a near-zero level
- Optimise fixed and overhead costs (labour and energy) against demand forecast and production requirements
- Ensure accuracy of monitoring systems
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data collection and recording for compilation of reports and documentation
- Maximise capacity utilisation in accordance with company strategic targets
- Create and manage preventative maintenance programs for all factory operations
- Ensure continuous compliance with food safety, manufacturing and quality regulations and best practices
- Plan and implement changes required for new product manufacturing, ensuring minimum disruption to existing operations
- Maintain food safety, manufacturing and quality systems, including HACCP, GMP and HSE
- Manage, oversee and coordinate shifts, line operators, cleaning and sanitation, lab technicians and maintenance engineers
- Have an excellent working relationship with Quality Assurance, Logistics & Distribution and Marketing & Sales departments to ensure efficient operations and delivery of exceptional customer service and support
- Prepare weekly production reports to management at the beginning of every week.
- Plan annual human resource capacity and development needs
- Fill team vacancies according to company policies and growth plans by using competency-based recruitment methodologies
- Develop routine training programs in collaboration with the People & Culture team
- Personify, promote and maintain company values, team motivation and morale
Skills and Attributes:
- You are organised and enjoy creating efficient and consistent processes and bringing structure to an organisation, ensuring things run smoothly and getting the organisation ready for growth and new opportunities
- You have strong past results in creating and implementing processes, ability to influence adoption in the team and iterating processes based on learnings
- You drive new initiatives, embrace and push for change, and are not afraid to try something new
- You learn quickly, can operate with high autonomy, and are willing to make a deep and focused commitment to growing the business
- You are an excellent communicator and have strong teaching skills
- You have strong problem-solving skills, think outside the box and have the ability to conduct root cause analysis investigations and develop solutions to fix problems.
- You are able to work in a diverse, team-based environment
- You have a demonstrated record of integrity and accountability
- You are an innovative and proactive thinker
- You have demonstrated leadership and management skills in your career
Qualification and Requirement:
- Degree in Food Technology/Science or related fields, including food engineering, packaging, business or production facilities
- Hands-on experience in dairy manufacturing
- Experience using continuous improvement methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements for food processing factories, including NAFDAC regulations
- Food Safety certifications (e.g. HACCP, SQF, GMP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools, Gsuite
- Knowledge of dairy processing equipment and troubleshooting
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- A car and a driver
Reporting lines: The Factory Manager reports to the CEO.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Opportunities at Câm Dairy” should click the button below to apply.