Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organizations on a timely and consistent basis.
At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the job opportunities at Interswitch Group.
Table of Contents
Head, Banking Technologies
To support the growth of the Systegra Technology Business by managing required resources and work collaboratively with other departments to deepen & diversify existing businesses as well as develop new ones to achieve revenue growth
- Strategy: Responsible for designing and implementing the Banking Technologies strategic Business Plan. The preferred candidate will be the Business owner of Banking Technologies business liaising with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the strategic business plan.
- OEM Management: Providing oversight on Original Equipment Manufacturer partnerships by establishing cadence and managing Senior Management engagements with our partners.
- Client & Customer Management (External): Manages key client and customer relationships, typically by using account teams to ensure their ongoing satisfaction and loyalty toward the organization.
- Sales Penetration: Takes responsibility for implementing the sales strategy for a significant part of the Systegra Business Division, while possibly leading major strategic bids.
- Product development: Responsible for Banking Technologies product development strategy working closely with Products and Engineering teams for successful rollout of initiatives.
- Market development: Responsible for Africa expansion strategy for Banking Technologies business working closely with Sales and Account Management to achieve the organizations strategy.
- Budgeting & Costing: Aligns business strategy to budget and costing and takes responsibility for setting and managing Banking Technologies budgets.
- Building Capability: Takes responsibility for implementing formal development frameworks for business and support teams, while informally coaching and mentoring others throughout the organization.
- Data Collection & Analysis: Analyzes key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business.
- Data Management: Manages the development and/or operation of significant aspects of the data management system with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Leadership and Direction: Takes responsibility for fulfilling business plans for a significant functional business area by effectively leading a large team.
- Operational Management: Manages a significant operational area for the organization.
- Performance Management: Sets longer term objectives and takes responsibility for implementing and coordinating performance management systems for a substantial department within the organization.
- Strategic Initiatives Management: Develops & manages new initiatives for defending, diversifying and growing existing businesses.
- New Business: Develops & manages new revenue lines across the business verticals.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- First Degree
- At least, seven years relevant experience
Head, Business Growth & Insight
- Lead and coordinate the execution of strategy as approved
- Coordinate the strategic planning and business performance management processes to ensure complete alignment with group strategy office
- Coordinate the execution of business innovation, business growth initiatives and strategic initiatives within the group
- Lead and coordinate the execution of business plans for Triggers initiatives and strategic projects with potential to generate 5% – 10% in new revenue
- Serve as Business consultant to the operating and functional groups
Performance Tracking and Division Co-ordination
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of our business model and a proven ability to communicate with senior internal team members (Group Heads/MDs/EVPs/Chiefs/GMD) and external contacts (consultants, investors, partners and clients)
- Provides ongoing oversight and support to ensure that performance measures are being used to effectively manage operations, identify and manage risks, and effect organizational and business changes
- Effectively evaluate Business performance (Target vs Actual) leveraging the Business Driver Diagram tool
- Effectively evaluate employee performance (Target vs Actual) leveraging the Balance Scorecard tool
- Develop, implement, and interpret policies, procedures, and processes and evaluate their effectiveness
- Plan, organize, and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other Departments and external customers.
- Plan, coordinate, and assign the work of others and lead functional workgroups as directed by the MD/EVP
- Provide expertise in analysis of service performance and determining business impact
Business Growth Management
- Drive Business Innovation ideas and initiative from quality research, business performance analysis and insights
- Identify and develop growth initiatives to enable business meet its growth objectives
- Lead and coordinate the generation of business ideas, brainstorming sessions and incubation initiatives to enable growth plans
- Work with business owners, functional chiefs to identify opportunities for optimizing the business and creating efficiencies across operations within the Interswitch Group.
- Lead assigned new growth or business expansion initiatives that maybe assigned y the MD/EVP during the course of the year
- Deepen understanding of the payment and commerce industry, monitor emerging trends and recommendS adjustments
Business Models, Revenue Models or Operations Strategy
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and provide insightful commentary on performance results, including the impact of market factors and other drivers
- Manage all performance benchmarks used by Interswitch to track performance of the approved Industries.
- Makes use of insights from market research to inform strategy and direction and also strengthen decision making process.
Program And Project Management
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to priorities workload efficiently
- Switched on and self-starter attitude to work
- Strong team orientation with a willingness and preparedness to share and seek information, knowledge, help and support others in the team
- Excellent ‘verbal, written and presentation’ communication skills. For written and verbal skills, particular focus on interpreting to non-technical audiences
- Good understanding of service and project delivery methodologies. Agile, Lean Six Sigma, CMMI and others Interswitch may consider important in driving its business objectives
- A demonstrated ability to think critically, solve problems, and develop a narrative based on data driven insights
- Experience with the development of research and measurement frameworks based on clearly defined objectives
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data and translate into a business opportunity or business innovation
- Advanced experience with business tools (specifically with respect to Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word) and industry research platforms; Gartner, Bloomberg, and popular Payment and Industry-relevant blogs.
- Proven ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of information into clear concise presentation and plans
- Ability to develop, implement and collaborate effectively towards measuring & tracking strategies and strategic initiatives
- Contribute to development of best practices, industry standards, regulatory policies, and related activities.
Qualification and Requirement:
- First degree in relevant discipline
- An MBA from a Top Business School would be an advantage
- Lean Six Sigma
- Safe Agile Certification (Not mandatory but recognized)
Experience (Number of relevant years):
- 6 – 12 years’ experience in banking, payment and commerce industry
- 2 – 3 Consulting experience with a leading industry firm
- 2 – 3 Management Experience
EFT Support Engineer
Providing second-level support to financial institutions who are using Interswitch solutions running from within their site
- Data Collection & Analysis: Works independently to collate and analyze data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats.
- Data Management: Supports and enables others to use and benefit from existing data management systems.
- Needs Assessment: Explores issues and/or needs to establish potential causes, related issues and barriers.
- Recommendations: Provides advice on designing new processes and systems to achieve professional standards and desired outcomes.
- Solutions Analysis: Analyzes specified problems and issues to find the best technical and/or professional solutions.
- Client & Customer Management (Internal): Helps senior colleagues manage internal client and customer relationships byusing sales/client systems and protocols.
- Insights and Reporting: Contribute to the preparation of various data and analytics reports.
- Verbal Communication: Uses clear and effective verbal communications skills without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on expressing ideas, requesting actions and formulating plans or policies.
- Computer skills: Supports business processes without supervision by understanding and effectively using standard office equipment and standard software packages, while providing technical guidance as needed.
- Planning and Organizing: Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to plan, organize, prioritize and oversee activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Action Planning: Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to develop appropriate plans or perform necessary actions based on recommendations and requirements.
- Policy and procedures: Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to develop, monitor, interpret and understand policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Data Collection and analysis: Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Reporting: Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to create relevant, lucid and effective reports.
- Data Management: Works under guidance (but not constant supervision) to acquire, organize, protect and process data to fulfill business objectives.
- Interswitch Solutions: Customer Support Portal; Kimono TMS
- EFT Software: Postilion suite; Thales solutions
- Optimizes work processes: Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, uses metrics and benchmarks to monitor accuracy and quality. Takes steps to make methods productive and efficient. Promptly and effectively addresses process breakdowns.
- Manages complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, looks at complex issues from multiple angles; explores issues to uncover underlying issues and root causes; sees the main consequences and implications of different options.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, finds many ways to add value to the team; probes to draw out richer input from others; is a valued resource who goes out of the way to help others.
Qualification and Requirement:
- General Education – University (First degree)
- General Experience – Experienced practitioner able to work unsupervised (12 months to 3 years)
- Managerial Experience – Basic experience of coordinating the work of others (4 to 6 months).
To conduct user research, such as interviews and surveys, and use that information to create visual representations such as sitemaps, user flows, and customer journey maps, as well as design elements such as wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes. Additionally, to create a positive user experience by designing the overall functionality of the product or service and iterating upon it using user centered design thinking principles.
- User research: Conducting user research to understand the needs and pain points of users and using this information to inform the design of new products and services.
- Prototyping: Creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes to test and iterate on new product concepts, in collaboration with other members of the lab team.
- User testing: Conducting user testing to validate product concepts and ensure that they meet the needs and expectations of users.
- Collaboration: Collaborating with other members of the innovation lab team, including engineers, product managers, and business strategists, to ensure that UX design is integrated throughout the product development process.
- Design strategy: Developing a design strategy that aligns with the lab’s overall goals and objectives and ensures that the user experience is at the forefront of all product development activities.
- UX design leadership: Providing leadership and guidance to other UX designers within the lab, mentoring and coaching them to develop their skills and capabilities.
- Innovation: Staying up to date with the latest design trends and technologies, and actively contributing to the lab’s innovation efforts by proposing new ideas and approaches to improve the user experience of products and services.
- User Research
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Visual Design
- Storyboarding, Prototyping
- Usability Testing
- Lean Startup & Agile methodology
- Design Thinking
- Customer Engagement
- Critical Thinking
- User Advocacy
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Be excited about research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Qualification and Requirement:
- General Education – BSc. Computer Science or related field of study from an accredited University
- IDF, Google UX Certs, IDEO U etc.
- At least 4 years’ experience in User Experience Design
- Development and execution of Product Experiences to achieve Problem-Solution-fit.
- 2 years’ experience in Design Thinking Practices.
To understand data sets collected from different sources, to put them in a centralised data store ready for analytics and data science and to transform
them for business intelligence or machine learning. To apply software engineering principles to ETL development using a new set of tools. To create
and enhance products which benefit from the power of distributed processing. To understand the infrastructure and data architecture to identify reasons for successful and failed products.
- Consult and educate stakeholders on methods for streamlining and standardising data recording to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures, such as databases and large-scale processing systems to enable the usability, accessibility and
transformation of data.
- Collaborate with other Data Architecture teams within Interswitch to identify synergies and drive a cohesive approach to data governance and architecture across the payment processing.
Performance Improvement through Business Intelligence
- Support creation of machine learning algorithms by applying standard statistical analysis or data preparation methods.
- Employ regression modelling to model the relationship between unique sets of data through statistically-proficient and engineering means.
- Study consumption trends and segmentation analysis to inform marketing and business performance metrics.
- Narrow big datasets down to series of data that is presented to key business stakeholders.
Internal Communications and Capability Building
- Help others get the most out of internal communications systems by offering support and advice.
- Serve as an advocate for data-driven product design, evangelise insights on what is working and what is not to help drive incremental gains in pipeline and revenue.
- Act as mentor and coach to team members while fostering an environment of mutual respect and trust among senior-level team members.
- Maintain an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences and reading specialist media.
- Deepen understanding of underlying structures that constitute a data pipeline and manipulate these structures to ensure quality assurance and to enable data scientists to build effective algorithms, models and tools.
- Use statistical and engineering techniques to apply data processing tools to real world business structures.
Technical Database Support
- Design distribution of basic database resources and provide physical modeling and design services to tune database applications for optimum performance.
- Assist in the development of large scale data structures and pipelines to organise, collect and standardise data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Apply understanding of key business drivers to inform decision-making.
Uses expertise, judgment and precedents to contribute to the resolution of moderately complex problems.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to define data requirements and source data, either in terms of raw data or modelled data and logic to support insights, dashboard, and report requirements that inform decision-making.
Advanced and Predictive Analytics
- Support interpretation of advanced and predictive analytics data, using specialised software tools and functionalities.
- Understand a myriad of technologies in-depth, pick the right tool for the job and write code in Scala, Java, or Python to create resilient and scalable solutions.
- Assess performance and recommend next steps as new products are launched and provide new measurement methodologies on key metrics to assess the success and failures of a product.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, looks at complex issues from multiple angles; explores issues to uncover underlying issues and root causes; sees the main consequences and implications of different options.
Plans and Aligns
- Plans and prioritises work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals. For example, outlines clear plans that put actions in a logical sequence; conveys some time frames. Aligns own work with relevant workgroups. Takes some steps to reduce bottlenecks and speed up the work.
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications. For example, investigates technologies to learn some cutting-edge best practices. Uses digital / social media to benefit the team and add value to the work being done; understands how to avoid misuse of these tools.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, accepts responsibility for own work, both successes and failures. Handles fair share and does not make excuses for problems. Usually meets commitments to others.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. For example, readily involves others to accomplish goals; stays in touch and shares information; discourages “us versus them” thinking; shows appreciation for others’ ideas and input.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, listens attentively and takes an interest. Keeps others well informed; conveys information clearly, concisely, and professionally when speaking or writing.
- Creates new and better ways for the organisation to be successful. For example, constantly looks for new ideas and innovative ways of doing things; makes the effort to get involved in new areas. Offers original ideas and promising new solutions.
Optimises Work Processes
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, uses metrics and benchmarks to monitor accuracy and quality. Takes steps to make methods productive and efficient. Promptly and effectively addresses process breakdowns.
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. For example, keeps in contact with customers to ensure problems are resolved, or to improve customer service. Studies customer feedback and emerging customer needs and uses these to determine some creative new ideas.
- Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders. For example, draws upon insights from varied sources to gain a rich understanding of how to meet the needs of multiple internal and external stakeholders. Probes deeply in order to gain a rich, detailed grasp of the priorities of different stakeholders; takes initiative to respond to stakeholder problems.
- Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organisation’s goals. For example, shows considerable business insight, beyond the fundamentals. Asks probing questions and draws on a variety of sources to gain insight and to explore business drivers or industry trends
Data Collection, Analysis and Control
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analysing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on acquiring, organising, protecting and processing data to fulfill business objectives.
Business Requirements Analysis
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on analysing the business requirements that IT solutions must meet.
- Determine acceptance and evaluation criteria; Prioritisation; Observation; Focus groups; Analysis Skills.
Policy, Procedures and Compliance Management
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures,
while making sure they match organisational strategies and objectives.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on achieving full compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and operations.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing software using programming languages.
Verbal and Written Communication
- Uses clear and effective verbal and written communications skills without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on expressing ideas, requesting actions and formulating plans or policies.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on designing architectures that meet system and service requirements.
- Needs guidance (but not supervision) to communicate with other people by speaking in a clear, concise and compelling manner
Planning and Organising
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on planning, organising, prioritising and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
Review and Reporting
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on reviewing and creating relevant, lucid and effective reports.
Data Mining and Machine Learning
- Works with full competence to extract patterns from large amounts of data. Typically works without supervision and may provide technical guidance.
Customer Service Delivery
- Works without supervision while providing technical guidance as needed on meeting high customer service standards.
- Works with guidance (but not constant supervision) to manage projects and Programmes within desired cost, time and quality parameters.
- Project Change Log / Register; Project Change Management Plan; Project Charter; Project Management Plan; Project Requirements Management Plan; Project Requirements Verification Plan; Project Resource Management Plan; Project Schedule; Project Schedule Baseline; Project Scope Statement.
- Works with full competence to orient work in a workflow to plan, organise, and execute the steps it takes to achieve a goal to achieve higher efficiencies. Typically works without supervision and may provide technical guidance.
- Kanban Board (Workflow Management); Workflow Management.
Business Data Modeling
- Works with full competence to conduct activities to collect, analyse, diagram (model), and report information and data flow, including state changes, to help make strategic decisions, achieve major goals, and solve complex problems. Typically works without supervision and may provide technical guidance
- Works with full competence to create and manage metadata systems and solutions to ensure information can be adequately found, shared, and maintained across an organisation. Typically works without supervision and may provide technical guidance.
Database User Interfaces and Queries
- Works with full competence to create and run queries and interact with various database interfaces and query languages.
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on ensuring that IT applications meet required specifications by designing, executing and reporting on tests of systems and services.
IT Data Management
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on managing information throughout its lifecycle by designing and executing appropriate architectures, policies and practices
- Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on monitoring, diagnosing and fixing technological problems.
Qualification and Requirement:
- University First Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or related fields.
- At least 6 years’ relevant experience in Data Management roles ideally within financial or FinTech institutions, including a minimum of 3 years in data engineering.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by clicking the buttons below;
Deadline: August 26, 2023
Share an update or tip with us on WhatsApp: 07064212243 | email@example.com
Receive Job Alerts through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: iR Job Alert WhatsApp
- Telegram: iR Job Alert
- Twitter: @irjobalert
- Facebook: iR Job Alert
- Instagram: @irjobalert
NOTE: Intel Region Jobs (iR Job Alert) is the leading job informant in Nigeria and not necessarily an affiliate of the employer’s company.