Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
As one of the world’s leading energy companies Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at the Job Opportunities at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Job Reference: R40631
Location: Port Harcourt – Rivers, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Human Resources Jobs
Worker Type: Regular
Business unit: Human Resources
- If you’re a Recruitment professional with proven experience, we can offer you the opportunity to work at the heart of our Integrated Resourcing (IR) Team in one of the world’s largest corporations.
Where you fit in:
- Within Shell’s Talent community, IR leads all resourcing activities across the globe to ensure Shell has a high-quality supply and timely appointment of people to roles to deliver our group strategic goals.
- The organization design for IR enables close alignment and partnering with the businesses and is equipped to provide competitive resourcing solutions. Each resourcing team has been shaped to ensure an end-to-end integrated resourcing partnership from development of the resourcing strategy, to delivery across internal, external, and contingent resourcing.
What’s the Role
- As a Recruiter, you will be accountable for the IR delivery for Africa, which includes Internal Resourcing, External Recruitment, and Contingent Workforce Resourcing. You will manage the delivery of sourcing, assessments and securing great talents for Shell, with a focus on Graduate Trainees, Experienced Professionals, Contingent Workforce and for market positioning of Shell.
- In this role, you are expected to develop credible relationships with business leaders and partners to understand business strategies, priorities, and talent needs both in the short and longer-term.
- Furthermore, you are accountable in managing the successful recruitment of internal and external hires for Africa. You will also need to collaborate with our Global Sourcing Hub to determine the right sourcing strategy to identify the strong-fit candidates while building a continuous and collaborative delivery partnership with key global resourcing teams, including the Sourcing Hub, operations teams, and marketing teams.
Your further responsibilities include:
- Establish a connect between talent needs in Africa with overall Talent Agenda and IR Resourcing Strategy.
- Maintain Customer (Hiring Managers and Candidates) satisfaction through focus on effective business partnering and stakeholder management.
- Uphold the HR Operating Model and sustain the integrity of the resourcing process, including Ethics and Compliance, and Safety standards.
- Be the key engagement point for candidates while considering their individual needs and be an ambassador for Shell and our Employee Value Proposition (EVP).
- Ensure timely and accurate tracking and recording of information in our recruitment systems.
- Coach and guide hiring managers on resourcing processes to ensure full understanding of responsibilities and timeframe commitments and hold professional Job Brief meetings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
We’re keen to hear from Recruitment professionals who have at least 4 years’ experience in full cycle recruitment and experience in working across multiple portfolios. Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Experience in tracking systems such as Workday, Power BI, etc.
- Experience working in a matrix organization and with diverse teams, and virtual environment.
- Outstanding communication skills with clear oral and written skills, along with active listening skills.
- Proven deep client management expertise, including ability to partner and influence effectively at all levels.
Senior Tax Adviser / Manager - Nigeria Gas
Job Reference: R40903
Job Family Group: Finance
Worker Type: Regular
Business unit: Finance
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- An ideal role for professionals with extensive tax advisory experience with the ability to influence and work with teams who wants to be a part of the world’s leading oil and gas brand.
- Join us and build your core skills in a positive, team-focused environment!
Where you fit in:
- Working as part of the Global Tax Organization, you will fully support Shell and Finance’s strategy and priorities, to support our evolving portfolio and mission of helping society get to net zero.
- As Tax Adviser/Manager, you will report into the Country Tax Manager (CTM) for Nigeria. You will be part of a team which support Shell Nigeria Tax full time. Whilst this role has a specific Upstream business focus as a base, the role is however part of a pool of tax resources and so will need to work flexibly as priorities demand.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- In accordance with the Tax Management Framework and Controls (TMF&C), your focus will be on managing the Upstream Integrated Gas and Downstream Gas fiscals, along with other Upstream fiscal issues as they arise. Specifically, to lead the provision of local tax advice on the Nigerian Gas Business, to ensure fiscal compliance and effective risk management as well as supporting business objectives & value creation.
- This will involve, amongst others, achieving a sustainable competitive rate of tax for Shell Nigeria Upstream Petroleum operations & gas assets, providing tax services to the Gas Directorate and ensure effective value chain tax planning in conjunction with other tax advisers.
- Furthermore, you will support the CTM to provide local tax advice for Nigeria, to ensure fiscal compliance, effective risk management and in support of business objectives and value creation taking into consideration the impact of future changes in tax legislation on the oil and gas industry.
- You will also assist the CTM in delivering accurate Tax advice and tax assurance submissions. This includes supporting external tax transparency for Nigeria.
What We Need From You?
- We’re keen to hear from tax professionals who have at least 10 years’ experience in upstream corporate tax, along with the appropriate educational, technical and professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACCA, or equivalent.
Beyond that, we’d like to see the following on your CV:
- Extensive Local tax experience commensurate with the seniority of the role, gained working for another multinational, or a professional firm. This is an individual contributor role.
- Ability in managing tax risks whilst supporting business objectives. Make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business.
- Demonstrated Leadership Attributes commensurate with the seniority of the role.
- Flexibility in undertaking other activities as required.
- Ability to support the partnership with and reliance on Business and Integrated Gas Ventures (IGV) to make judgments on low-risk tax activities (provision of tools, documents, decision trees, etc.).
- Ability to lead high performing teams and effectively coach and develop people for personal growth.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Opportunities at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)” should click the button below to apply.